It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

www.bbc.co.uk

Moscow's Domodedovo airport - the busiest in the Russian capital - has been rocked by an explosion.

Interfax news agency reports at least 10 people have died and 20 more are injured.

Early local media reports suggested the blast may have hit the airport's international arrivals hall.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Some agencies report only 2 deads. I am very curious who is behind this and how this will all play out on a media level.
Condolences to the families of the victimes

The Airport is closed now.
Found on Twitter:
MOSCOW, RUSSIA UPDATE:Suicide Bomber causes explosion in international arrivals hall. 10 dead 20+ injured.

Euronews talks of 20 people killed in the explosion

If you want up to date news i suggest you go to search.twitter.com... an search for 'Moscow' or the name of the airport. An a refresh button will apear after a few seconds on top.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

BBC reporting at least 10 fatalities. Source of explosion is a suicide bomber.

Deaths now updated to 20.
edit on 24-1-2011 by torsion because: update

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just beat me to it, seems a large explosion, god the world is becoming a #ty place at the moment

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Gawd, I wonder who will be blamed for this one?
Lots happening ATM...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
According to Sky news

news.sky.com... 0?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header_0&lid=ARTICLE_15909270_Russia%3A_Bomb_At_Moscows_Domodedovo_Airport_Kills_At_Least_10_People_And_Injures_More

"Russian news agencies cited unspecified sources as saying the blast occurred inside the airport's international arrivals hall"

so the bomb was at probably one of the busiest parts of the airport. how relevent it was the arrivals section is yet to be revealed

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is the news source that the BBC and most sites seem to have got their initial information from:

www.interfax.com...

At 17.03 the blast was reported by the RUSSIAN INVESTIGATIVE COMMITTEE TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, and they announced that there were two dead and a dozen or so injured.

It's at 17.08 when the medical team shows up that they confirm at;east 10 are dead and a dozen or so injured...

The interfax site is being updated every few minutes via what look like tweets so it's good to follow if your watching this story.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
...Sorry post after my last, but I've just seen this posted on the interfax:

17:23Russian stock market slide continues on news of airport blast

Does anyone think this may be related...or motivated, with US-China economic talks atm, an airport is an unfortunate choice that can affect a countries economy :/

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I wonder how the Russian government will react if this found to be the work of terrorists? With all the criticism that the US recieves from abroad. I can't, for one second, believe they would react any differently than we would.

Hmmm? The explosion happened in the international arrivals part of the airport. If the official story finds out that it is not linked to terrorism, then we can all assume that there is a massive cover-up with-in the Russian government.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Death toll now 31

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
watching rt news, they said 31 dead and 130 injured!! also said it was a terrorist attack.
no link to source as its just comming in on rt news on the tv.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Russia tooday now reporting that 170 beds have been made available to treat the injured.
God help Chechnya if a link is established.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

fsb ?

i recall them being quite active a few years ago on terrorising russians and not getting caught

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hmm aren't russia helping iran to enhance their nuclear technology ? could it be a false flag to get russia in on the war or to stop them helping iran ? after everything that's going on with iran recently it woudlnt' surprise me if they pulled off a big false flag to blame on extremists

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I wonder how the Russian government will react if this found to be the work of terrorists? With all the criticism that the US recieves from abroad. I can't, for one second, believe they would react any differently than we would.

Hmmm? The explosion happened in the international arrivals part of the airport. If the official story finds out that it is not linked to terrorism, then we can all assume that there is a massive cover-up with-in the Russian government.

Thats interesting, if the USA can react in such a manner and basically start the Iraq war. I wonder what Russia has the power to do and who it aims it at.

Will be interesting times. Thoughts go to the innocent victims.

"..suggested a suicide bomber was responsible."

Sky's intial reaction.

According to reports the explosion happened at 4:30pm in the luggage claim area in the international arrivals wing of the airport. The explosion power was equivalent to 5 to 10 kilograms of TNT.

RussiaToday

edit on 24-1-2011 by StealthKix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have been reading reports of a bomb set off in the baggage claim area of the airport. Over 20 people dead and over 100 more injured.

Could this be the work of Islam extremists?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
German news tv "N-TV" is speculating about Chechnya beeing the source of the suicide bomber. They are also talking already about a general from there. Can't turn the volume up as i'm in a public place

And that it was 7kg (15.4 lbs) of someting that exploded there
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheDeader because: add

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Isn't there a video game with a similar scenario?

My son was telling me about one where a Russian? Airport is shot up by supposed terrorists, which are actually agents who are trying to do something covert?

He told me in this game, an undercover agent finds out at the last minute that he (the agent) will really have to help kill hundreds of people in order to not blow his cover with the group.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

That's from Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Allen is later sent on an undercover mission in Russia for the CIA, joining Makarov in a massacre of civilians at the Zakhaev International Airport in Moscow. Makarov has been aware of Allen's identity and kills him during extraction, leaving his body to spark a war between Russia and the United States.[33] Angered by what was believed to be an American-supported terrorist attack, Russia retaliates with a massive surprise invasion on the United States after bypassing its early warning system, revealing that the ACS module MacTavish and Sanderson recovered had already been compromised before its retrieval. Sergeant Foley leads his squad of Army Rangers, including James Ramirez, in defense of a suburb in northeastern Virginia against the Russian invasion. They then proceed towards a war-torn Washington, D.C., where U.S. forces are fighting the Russians for control of the capital.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by nake13

fsb ?

i recall them being quite active a few years ago on terrorising russians and not getting caught

Yes this was my first thought too....hmmm let's see how this one gets played up....and my heart felt condolences to the families and people who were victims of this crime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join