It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-star option - a suggestion for ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been brought up before, i wouldn't even know what to search to see if it has.

I think that ATS should allow members to give a "negative star" to comments so we can get an idea of how many people disagree with a comment just as much as we know how much people agree. This should also reflect on ones karma/watts rating.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've heard it talked about before..
I'm all for it for sure!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Great Idea, I'd love to put some negative stars out there, and I'm sure people would like to give me some too. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think it is safe to say that the anti-star you are talking about is just as easily accomplished by not giving a star in the first place. You can then reply to the actual post with your differences.

An antistar feature would simply bring more animosity to the table here at ATS, and we certainly do not need that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

I'm all for it..a "dislike" button if you will. Certainly whatever it is called, it should reflect in the karma score.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I think it is safe to say that the anti-star you are talking about is just as easily accomplished by not giving a star in the first place. You can then reply to the actual post with your differences.

An antistar feature would simply bring more animosity to the table here at ATS, and we certainly do not need that.

Maybe, or maybe not since its anonymous.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I have to say I disagree. Since it would be anonymous, no one could criticize anyone for giving a negative star or "dislike"

How many times have you seen a post with 50+stars and you completely disagree with it. simply replying to it doesn't allow anyone else to really get a good judge of how many people disagree as much as people agree. Not that a majority or minority vote should alter anyones judgement, however you can see how many are on the same page as you

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
While I understand where you are coming from, I think it would end up as a popularity contest, ATS is fine the way it is.

-If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

yeah i agree

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I really dislike that quote. "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Just because it works well doesn't mean its perfect.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What I would like to see though is a star/flag tracker. And that would go for the antistar too if ever implemented. I know it wouldnt happen because of the resources that it would tie up, but sometimes I would like to know, whos that member that starred my post but never said anything. Who is like minded with myself on this issue.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This has been discussed numerous times and to make a long story short it's not going to happen...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
This has been discussed numerous times and to make a long story short it's not going to happen...

Do you have a link to a thread? Id like to see the different view points

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yeah, and next we can get a dislike feature for facebook

(sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by riv0303
yeah, and next we can get a dislike feature for facebook

(sarcasm)

What is facebook?
Never heard of it...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How about a comparison of posters/visitors vs flags.

There could be a percentage too.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Interesting...

I wonder why this idea has never been voiced here before...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I second that.

Unfortunately, then there would also be witch hunts on certain posters just because they "dissed" someone..

We sure don't need any more of that around here in my opinion..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Im detecting sarcasm.

Anyone care to point me to where this has been talked about before?? Im sure it has, I just want to see how much and what was said.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

I'm just giving ya a hard time.

The BBQ(Board Business and Questions) forum is full of such examples. Many have been closed so participation may not be possible. And a few others are strewn about in other forums like 'Members' or 'OT: Chit Chat'.
edit on 25-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join