It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of underground bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is questioning the existance of undergound facilities or even a portion of military facilities being undergound. I think my eyes start to gloss over when the scale that some suggest comes up, or thousands of aliens working in them. Tunnels hundreds of miles long with high speed shuttles? Facilities with over a dozen levels? I am open minded though so let's try to debate the topic:
1. Construction. I hear people mention nuclear tunnel boring machines. Great concept. I haven't read any articles about these machines, but my initial thought is how would you get rid of the radioactive material? I'm also curious as to how these tunnels would remain intact with earthquakes, plate movements, etc.
2. Financing. These tunnels and bases would cost a staggering amount of money to construct. We all know the government spends money with no regard and has less than stellar oversight and cost containment measures, but a forensic analysis would probably come to the conclusion that the tunnels and bases would be close to impossible to hide in the budget. I'm sure you can mask some in the DoD budget with all the $600 hammers, etc., but there's tons of smart people out there that know if a billion dollars has been allocated to a black project.
3. Secrecy. I'm on the fence about this one. I agree with the fact that people with security clearances would probably be able to keep their mouth shut, but I'm pretty sure not all private contractors could. Over the course of 50 years or so, someone would have made a deathbed confession or had one too many drinks at the bar!
4. Aliens. This is a touchy one. It would be very vain of mankind to assume we are alone in the universe. I certainly think there are other civilizations out there, including some that regularly visit us and monitor our development (or lack thereof). I do find the concept of aliens working in some capacity with our government or in a war with other alien factions just a little too X-files for me though.

That's my 2 cents. Personally, I believe that some underground facilities and bases exist and may even have undergound connectivity with other nearby bases, particularly in the southwest, but I doubt that anything of the scope and scale that some suggest exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I havent really heard much of the conspiracy of underground bases but I know of a very mysterious base that was put out of comminssion in the 1950s it was commisioned in the 40s. The land was once a slave plantation and after the civil war was sold in pieces to the ex slaves. Then at the start of WWII the governemnt came in and siezed the land from the black folks in an obscure piece of the smallest community of the coast of georgia. Why do you need an air base in an area like this. I never really thought much of it until I looked at an arieal view on google maps it is a perfect triangle. maps.google.com...,-81.26441&sp n=0.028791,0.076904&t=h&z=14 you may have to zoom in but it can be seen from space.

Check it out you may have to shift over a little Ive been waiting to make a post to see what other people thought. The other weird thing is they let people go on the old site to look at wildlife but they black off most of the roads. I went down one of the roads and found a little house with keep out signs and poision warnings it was a new type house. And there was a big round piece of concrete with a piece of stainless steel pipe going into the ground the house looked like a guard shack but guard from what in a abandoned air field. There are also bunkers all over the place thats why I commented on this link because I think they have some underground stuff out there. Its past is very secretive. And the african americans have been petitioning for there land back for 70 years and they will not give it back.
edit on 23-1-2011 by teotwawki77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have to admit that I have no personal first hand knowledge of these so called D.U.M.B.s. But their existence in my opinion is not unlikely.

The nuclear boring machines are at least theoretically feasible.

And if Schneider is to be believed the speed of tunnelling becomes very fast and the process creates it's own walls which may keep costs down.

High speed Mag-lev trains in vacuum tunnels are also theoretically possible.

Which brings us to the question of have we got these subteranian megacities all around the globe? I can only answer "Possibly" as I have no proof. But I would be surprised if something of this description didn't exist.

I'm pretty sure that there exists very powerful advanced technology which is kept hidden from most people for whatever reasons.

And as far as aliens are concerned, there has to be something to that story.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Im in NO way agreeing with with all these locations. But ALL of them are bogus? Common..
The one that's NOT listed here is the one that most intriuges me.....And this rumour has been around a LONG time...and that is.....
From Vendenburg Airforce base 40 Miles North of Santa Barbera..there is a tunne that goes straight under Mnt Whitney to the U.S. Navel Base out in the Mohave Desert....AND THATS where our U.S. Nuclear Subs are maintained and serviced. I have my reasons to believe its true..but can't confirm it..and I sure as hell would'nt piss of THOSE PTB if I COULD prove it. I'm no snitch.
But here is another rumour list.
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I understand your questioning this reality, really I do. But seriously, what are you expecting from this thread? You're NEVER EVER going to get the proof you're asking for. No, not because they don't exist but more because If they are supposed to be kept from the public knowledge, then it will.

Nevertheless, If you have been around for 6 years or so, then you would know that there has been extensive research done into this. Here is where you can start. This is also for the rest of you too. If one wants to add to this discussion with tangible elements of probable proof that the program went underway as scheduled, Start here.

People have done years of research, including looking into in and all of the RAND corporations activity regarding this and their PLANETRAN project.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Here is rock solid proof that an underground facility can and has been built right under the noses of unsuspecting public and kept secret until very recently.

If it can happen here......

Plus, we aren't talking about a 3 year project, this is a 60 year project.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's kinda making fun a little bit, but here is a linked that would kinda fit with underground bunkers and kind of proves that they either dont exist or there is a lot of parentless children.

www.cracked.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
I would like to attempt to offer some brevity on the out of control proclaimations regarding secret undeground bases or D.U.M.B.'s. The claims of the existence of these facilities is thrown out ad nauseum here. It seems many believe there are hundreds of these bases, all over the US and elsewhere, and many are connected by vast tunnel systems with high speed shuttles to zip to and fro.

The amount of demolition, excavation, and construction required to build an underground facility is staggering. It took three years just to excavate the Cheyenne Mountain Bunker. Furthermore, thousands of contractors and laborers are required to do the work. Large, loud, attention getting blasts and equipment must run constantly.

We never hear about all the noise or equipment during the construction, but hear loud and often of the bases existence. Furthermore, to my knowledge, we have no credible eyewitness accounts from any of the thousands of men who build these phantom facilities.

We all know that humans cannot keep secrets, yet it would seem "the powers that be" have a knack for hiring the few who can.

So PROVE me wrong. Show me the video, photos, and the eyewitness accounts. Its time for some accountability here on our beloved ATS

This was in Washington DC for years and people had no idea it was there. It was hidden in plain sight. The secret wasn't revealed until it was no longer is use. There is a new one now somewhere else.

Greenbier Bunker

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Networkdoode... Looks kinda fun.. Don't know if I want to do a James Bond type party there though.
It looks like a pretty nice resort... I don't think the bunkers themselves are the new hotel accomadations though.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

the bunker entrance is down by the kitchen. The resort is awesome. Great vacation with a little cold war era history to boot. Well worth the trip in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I understand where you are going, however there is no way for you to prove there are not underground bases that we know nothing about.

Yes the number and SIZE of DUMBS are probably exaggerated as is everything in the world. However the government likes to do things in the dark and there is no better place for that then under the ground, especially with the types of spy satellites this day in age.

I would say there is a decent argument that the only place this day in age for the government to conduct secret "stuff" (for lack of a better term) is underground, otherwise they risk exposure.

I have no doubt there are several underground military bases we have no clue exist, its how many of them and how big they are that is speculative.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Mr.Op..I must apologise for somewhat snippy commentary as of last evening..I have only this as an excuse..i was just in a cranky a$$ mood..and was just getting angry at the internet chat world..because as we knoe..there are indeed a many pain in the a$$ online..so again my apologises..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Does anyone know why Chicagoland street's do not flood after rainstorms anymore? 20 years ago flooding was a big deal! Now it's taken for granted streets and basements are gonna be ok after a good rain.

Chicago residents probably forgot the 'deep tunnels' under the city. When they were constructed very little attention was given to the construction equipment/sites as it was going on, didn't disrupt much of anything. And those tunnels were huge in diameter and miles long, under a urban city/county of 10 million people!

Are tunnels affordable? sure. A lousy 4billion for over a hundred miles of tunnel - and paid for by a city. Think of how much the feds could do.

Can they be built surreptitiously? Sure under an urban center with 10 billion people, and just 1,000 feet deep too.

After a while the 'Outta-Sight Outta-mind' thing comes into play, whose gonna even remember they're there after a while. There is a 3 foot diameter, nondescript, padlocked manhole cover in a wooded Forest Preserve near me, thats the only topside evidence left after construction crews left.
edit on 23-1-2011 by uscrusader because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by uscrusader because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

We never hear about all the noise or equipment during the construction,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com...
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

we have no credible eyewitness accounts from any of the thousands of men who build these phantom facilities.

video.google.com...#
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.all-natural.com...

So PROVE me wrong.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

People certainly CAN keep secrets. And I`m not telling you mine! So there!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
1. Construction. I hear people mention nuclear tunnel boring machines. Great concept. I haven't read any articles about these machines, but my initial thought is how would you get rid of the radioactive material? I'm also curious as to how these tunnels would remain intact with earthquakes, plate movements, etc.

Me --> Google.
Time taken to search: 2 minutes.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I think you are right to question this so thumbs up. However! is it possible you are like the same de bunkers from the 70s who told people M.K ultra was a conspiricy? or even more recently the same type who claimed that the Testimony of Nayirah was also a complete myth? The inherant problems we face are time. The bases will probably be 100% worse than we even imagine but we will have to wait....... thats the problem, There are enough statements out there contradicting everything you say Vandalour. Even Jesse Ventura did a show on Dulce for petes sake. There must be something in it, surly you even feel its all a little sinister.

Regards

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

deleted due to link already having been given.

edit on 23/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MahNishtanah

I think you are right to question this so thumbs up. However! is it possible you are like the same de bunkers from the 70s who told people M.K ultra was a conspiricy? or even more recently the same type who claimed that the Testimony of Nayirah was also a complete myth? The inherant problems we face are time. The bases will probably be 100% worse than we even imagine but we will have to wait....... thats the problem, There are enough statements out there contradicting everything you say Vandalour. Even Jesse Ventura did a show on Dulce for petes sake. There must be something in it, surly you even feel its all a little sinister.

Regards

Lol.. did you even see any of the links I posted...
Im a beliver in underground bases... dont know what you are talking about

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Sorry about the name slinging.

That was meant for alll the Non Beilvers I wanted keep the thread warm.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join