It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of underground bases

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I got the impression Crawdad said the Janets were going to this Washington State base.

Yeah, we know they go to Groom, TNX, PMD, EDW North Base, and occasionally other places.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I dont think he was implying that. I think he was just making the connection that thousands of people can keep secrets from area 51 and still have a home outside the base. i thought the same thing you did the first time I read it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Has anyone given on Camp Hero? Do you think the base could still be in operation. I watched a video a while back that explained that the base is secretly in operation deep underground. The new power lines that were installed in recent years, carries enough power to supply a small city. Why would they run brand new power lines to a base that isn't in operation? I've always speculated that Camp Hero is actually the location to a Star-Gate program.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by shells4u

A facility built in the 50's capable of blocking cell phone reception before the service was even invented.
I don't think so.

Mobile phones operate off of RFS (radio frequency spectrum.) The spectrum wasn't 'invented,' it has always existed. Man has harnessed its use since radio was invented, and we've used those frequencies for different things through the decades. Any device used to block radio waves is going to block cell phone coverage, tv signals, etc. A facility built in the '50s can block cell phone coverage all day, any day.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Have you seen the tunneling machines in use now days by both government and private interests? These things are incredible and are much faster than the old blast and clear method of tunneling. It is by no means unfeasible that there could be hundreds of underground bases. We already know of several, why could there not be more?
As for noise, there have been worldwide reports of very strange noises that cannot be pinpointed as coming from any particular direction. Some say the sky, some say underground. Could they be hearing these tunneling machines.
Throughout history, there have been tunneling people that choose to live underground, for whatever reason. In the mideast, there are numerous underground cities, some of which can house thousands very comfortably. If people several thousand years in the past were capable of building such extensive and elaborate tunneled cities, why couldn't the military do so as well?
I have heard the theory advanced that a tunnel exists from Monterey Bay to Area 51. As the crow flies, or more accurately as the mole burrows, it is around 400 miles. That would be a magnificent engineering achievement, but it also wouldn't be the governments first such endeavor.
Though true that a tunnel such as this would be time consuming to build, but they have had a half century to prepare. Considering Monterey canyon runs right up to the mouth of the Salinas river in Monterey Bay, and this is one of the deepest places in the Pacific ocean, add that this canyon travels south all the way to the channel islands. Next consider that Monterey is the home town of Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, as well as home to numerous national security concerns such as the Naval Postgraduate School, the Defense Language Institute, Monterey Institute for International Studies, etc. Not to mention it's the site of Fort Ord, one of the past
s largest basic training camps. And ufos are spotted entering and leaving the bay quite frequently.
Just consider for a moment if this base really exists, what a great place for a submarine base - the middle of the Nevada desert! The bottom line is that there is a humongous black budget that has been building for at least fifty years and is used for things we can only imagine. And before anyone thinks that a ufo coverup or secret underground bases are far fetched and way too big to be kept secret by so many, remember we had stealth fighters and bombers for several years before the public knew. This is recent history. They keep their secrets very, very well. I think it is very possible such a base exists, and perhaps many across the country as well. Why not?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh yeah, they been digging for years alright..

..and I'm sure its connected with the hollow earth theory in some way.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dubthebeachcomber

Nothing in Monterey requires a tunnel from Area 51. Rather than ask "why not", I ask "why."

Further, prove to me that Monterey has a high incidence of UFOs compared to other coastal towns.

Last of all, Panetta has only had his DCI/SECDEF jobs for the last four years. Am I to believe they built this 400 mile underground tunnel just for him? If that is the case, I hope he sticks around for Obama's second term.

This thread should be titled "The Unreality of Underground Bases."

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join