It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cannot be President Because Hawaii Not a State of the Union

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC
And try not to feed the trolls please

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not entirely convinced that Mr. Obama is a natural born US citizen but... this angle really puts the tin foil hat on the conspiracy.

Things like this tear down the legitimacy of honest people who have genuine doubts about the legality of the sitting Commander in Chief.

Maybe it's meant to... I dunno.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness
reply to post by UluaHuntah808

Are you going to debate and defend your argument or you’re just here to promote some website and your cause? I would like to see, at least, some of the questions posed answered.

Let’s start with an easy one: What’s the source for your OP?

By source you mean the website url that I posted? That website has links to legal documents, historical documents, information about the PhD scholar...etc..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UluaHuntah808

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by shoeshine

So you want your country to be a dictatorship, under one-party rule. Noted.

It was a constitutional monarchy when it was illegally occupied.

Lets look at a little other Hawaiian history.

As early as 1919, delegates from Hawaii travelled to Congress to petition for statehood.
Finally in 1959 it was approved by Congress, and then was voted on by the Hawaiian citizens and overwhelmingly passed.
The state of Hawaii celebrates Statehood Day on the third friday of August every year as a state holiday to celebrate this fact.

Which part of this subscribes to the idea that Hawaii is not a state of the union?
Statehood wasnt forced upon the Hawaiian people, in fact it was asked of by the Hawaiian people.
If the citizens of Hawaii had not petitioned for statehood, it probably would not be a state today.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

As early as 1919, delegates from Hawaii travelled to Congress to petition for statehood.
Finally in 1959 it was approved by Congress, and then was voted on by the Hawaiian citizens and overwhelmingly passed.
The state of Hawaii celebrates Statehood Day on the third friday of August every year as a state holiday to celebrate this fact.

Which part of this subscribes to the idea that Hawaii is not a state of the union?
Statehood wasnt forced upon the Hawaiian people, in fact it was asked of by the Hawaiian people.
If the citizens of Hawaii had not petitioned for statehood, it probably would not be a state today.

Did Hawaiian Kingdom subjects vote for statehood? Or did US citizens vote for statehood? Right cannot arise out of injury.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And where is your history coming from?

There are a lot of things that are written into history books that are either incorrect, or in some cases, completely omitted. It's just like the news... if you want to know what's really going on, you get the news from another country, not your own, because you'll never get the true story thanks to the art of propaganda. You don't think that extends into books and reading materials? I think the OP is showing quite a bit of credibility and most here are quick to jump on the patriotic bandwagon...

I mean, it's not like the people in this country have ever taken someone else's land before...

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ok, so you are talking about Hawaii. I thought the comment about Democrats destroying the country referred the the US. A Republican signed the act that made Hawaii a state.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Let Hawaii secede.

If they think Milk and other items are expensive now....

edit on 21-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Did Hawaiian Kingdom subjects vote for statehood? Or did US citizens vote for statehood? Right cannot arise out of injury.

No US Citizens did not vote for statehood, they did not become citizens until after the voted for statehood.
But that should not be the issue.
The Hawaiian people voted for statehood, no matter how you classify them.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ok, so you are talking about Hawaii. I thought the comment about Democrats destroying the country referred the the US. A Republican signed the act that made Hawaii a state.

That was another poster which was why I asked a now off topic question.

Originally posted by shoeshine
reply to post by Sinnthia

the dems are destroying this place

The whole reason I was poking this bee's nest to begin with is becaue it is not about whether or not Hawaii is actually a state or should be a state or whatever. It is just a partisan side door. The title is blatant and then shoeshine magically shoes up and beats that line.

I am sure this discussion about Hawaii could be interesting without the tainted thread title.

link   

www.youtube.com...

i think this video talks about statehood.
edit on 21-1-2011 by UluaHuntah808 because: video not working

link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
And where is your history coming from?

There are a lot of things that are written into history books that are either incorrect, or in some cases, completely omitted. It's just like the news... if you want to know what's really going on, you get the news from another country, not your own, because you'll never get the true story thanks to the art of propaganda. You don't think that extends into books and reading materials? I think the OP is showing quite a bit of credibility and most here are quick to jump on the patriotic bandwagon...

I mean, it's not like the people in this country have ever taken someone else's land before...

~Namaste

Where would you like my history to come from?
A book?
A newspaper?
A blog?

What source would be acceptable in this case?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot

I am not Hawaiin but I agree with you and support the people cause. They were forced into statehood like many territories by greedy industrialists and land grabbers.

Unfortunately Obama is still the POTUS and Hawaii's statehood appears to me as legal as any other.
I understand that the Hawaiian populace voted and it was like 94% en-favor for statehood?

One moment while I Google something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yes, here it is I believe.
en.wikipedia.org...
In 1946, Hawaii was placed on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories. America transmitted annual reports on Hawaii to the United Nations Secretary General from 1946 until September 1959. By a letter of September 17, 1959, after a statehood vote in Hawaii with 94% approval, the United States notified the U.N. Secretary General that Hawaii had become a State of the Union in August 1959 and that the United States would thereafter cease to transmit information to the United Nations. The United Nations accepted this notification and removed Hawaii from the list of non-self-governing territories, recognizing the Statehood of Hawaii.

I'm sure even then, there was Hawaiians not en-favor of statehood, but they didn't vote.
As far as Obama goes, we can't stop what's done, but there is the next election and he can be stopped then, I blame every one who voted for Obama and all of you that didn't vote, By not voting you gave Obama one more vote,,, I think that is the same thing that happened with Hawaii's statehood, every one who didn't vote, gave the statehood peoples, one more vote in their favor.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Where would you like my history to come from?
A book?
A newspaper?
A blog?

What source would be acceptable in this case?

Several different ones for starters... I really hope that when posters are researching things, they aren't just getting one source of information, or multiple sources that are just re-prints or re-posts from other sources already mentioned... because that is NOT research.

Again, the OP has given a link that has SEVERAL sources of information on this... I would start there and then add whatever other sources you have to come to a well-informed, rounded conclusion.

I'm not here to debate sources, I'm saying that other posters aren't even considering the facts being presented by the OP, they are just jumping on the "WIKI says so" or "it was written that..."

Those are armchair debate tactics, not real research and analysis. Anyone can submit information to Wikipedia with no real credible sources... I can show you countless "sources" from Wiki that are considered morons in the academia world.

~Namaste
edit on 21-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No US Citizens did not vote for statehood, they did not become citizens until after the voted for statehood.

Are you certain of that? I would have assumed Hawaii was a US territory and its residents were US citizens before it was granted statehood, much in the same manner as Puerto Rico and other US territories' residents.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Are you certain of that? I would have assumed Hawaii was a US territory and its residents were US citizens before it was granted statehood, much in the same manner as Puerto Rico and other US territories' residents.

Corrected in a post below

The residents of Uerto Rico are citizens because of the Jones-Shafroth Act of 1917, but the act only included residents of Puerto Rico.
edit on 21-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Like I said, watch this video. Its a powerpoint presentation explaining why statehood is invalid according to international law. BTW, this video is one of 6 videos explaining the history of the Hawaiian Kingdom and historical events up to the present day.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I have read all your posts here and I'd like to submit this one for you to consider.
As we look at the July 27th 1959 plebiscite, and consider its importance in the statehood process, we should consider that of the 132,773 who voted for Proposition 1—“Shall Hawaii immediately be admitted into the Union as a State?”—7,971 voted against it. In this 17-1 mandate by those voting in Hawaii’s 1959 primary election for governor, a total of 140,744 votes were cast in this plebiscite.

Now this I think supports my last statement in my above post. From the same source.

What this suggests is that those who did not participate in the primary election either did not care about the statehood results, or were not informed about the process enough to participate in the vote. The underwhelming turnout for something so important is of concern. Considering that the State of Hawaii cites this plebiscite vote as determinate proof of public support for statehood creates what Daniel Elazar, Professor of Political Science at Temple University in Philadelphia describes as an ersatz legitimacy of a democratic technique to the political decision making process.

Again the source is: statehoodhawaii.org...
Here is the Ballot I understand that they used for the vote.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7315b02bf2d2.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sorry but the entire ballot did not post, you can view here: statehoodhawaii.org...

edit on 21-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Let me correct my former post for intellectual honesty here:

source

A person born in Hawaii on or after August 12, 1898, and before April 30, 1900, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900. A person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900, is a citizen of the United States at birth. A person who was a citizen of the Republic of Hawaii on August 12, 1898, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join