It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's first aircraft carrier

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well i am very happy that they have finally caught up.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretsecret2012

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by hp1229

we think alike, i too think China is planning on taking on a land/country where ground forces could not go, but by sea only,

I think it is impossible.
never say impossible, some sad that the J20 was impossible for them to have this soon yet it flew, is it at it's full potential, i ask is the F35 no and i doubt the F35 will were as the J20 just might see F35 coast over runs, production set backs,and flight control problems, we stand a better chance with the F22, and as far as the carrier goes will i think it is a way or them to see how one is made so they can make there own.
edit on 29-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hate hearing how China is going to invade America. Will the MILLIONS of soldiers swim over here? A military needs an effective blue water and gator navy to attempt securing a beach-head anywhere overseas. China has none of these things.
You need extra-national bases to garuntee safety for your supply convoys. Again, China does not have this.
No amount of carriers could allow China to invade the west, especially with the absolutely massive difference in American air capabillity vs China's capabillity. Its quite funny to ponder a East vs West showdown.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by molonlabe33
I hate hearing how China is going to invade America. Will the MILLIONS of soldiers swim over here? A military needs an effective blue water and gator navy to attempt securing a beach-head anywhere overseas. China has none of these things.
You need extra-national bases to garuntee safety for your supply convoys. Again, China does not have this.
No amount of carriers could allow China to invade the west, especially with the absolutely massive difference in American air capabillity vs China's capabillity. Its quite funny to ponder a East vs West showdown.

Yep. I agree. China is not stupid or fool to invade US. Besides it is absurd to think and impossible for them to wage a war this far from the mainland. Besides what comes after invading a country? Get things done their way for profit? Well guess what. They are trying their best to make their way into the world's markets and they have successfully done so if not a complete domination and monopoly.

I feel that the invasion by Sea is for their neighbor(s) like Taiwan or Perhaps S.Korea or perhaps other southeast asian countries/islands if they ever feel the need. Definitely not any of the Western Countries.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretsecret2012

reply to post by hp1229

we think alike, i too think China is planning on taking on a land/country where ground forces could not go, but by sea only,

I think it is impossible.
never say impossible, some sad that the J20 was impossible for them to have this soon yet it flew, is it at it's full potential, i ask is the F35 no and i doubt the F35 will were as the J20 just might see F35 coast over runs, production set backs,and flight control problems, we stand a better chance with the F22, and as far as the carrier goes will i think it is a way or them to see how one is made so they can make there own.
edit on 29-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

Well Lets just say that J20 was possible due to sell outs from within willingly/espionage/money/political deal and ofcourse what you see is not what you really think it is. Just the mere words of J20 and "Chinese Stealth Plane" and a test flight lead to all the speculations and hoopla around the world where in reality it could be just a good looking plane with flying ability and nothing more. Besides its intention could also be a long to medium range bomber and not necessarily of a tactical fighter. This is probably what they want you to see and keep wondering while they slowly carve away at the manufacturing from all the world's economy. The fear on our side is to justify the budget and nothing else to keep the military industrial complex going.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
China is being built up for the New World Order. It is being sent freshwater, wrongfully taken from the Great Lakes of North America to recharge their depleted aquifers. The debt that America owes to China has been planned for a long time. This way China can receive resources for its robot commy society. The Chinese will be the slaves of the New World Order, living in "eco-towers" built overtop facetories, where nobody will be allowed to even leave the complex. They will be fully sustained within the complex and need no reason to leave. This is happening now. Their military is being built up by other authoritarian nations like Russia and the U.S. (whether they are openly admitting to it or not) to protect this nation of labourers to keep production going.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

And they'll do the same thing as the US did. Bolster their military, govern the waters, harvest the resources for homeland and then end up in the same state as the US. Broke... I'm just curious if it will take as long as it did for the US.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It is amazing that the same technology that the Discovery channel and all those 'so informative' channels are showing is the same technology that will be used to enslave humans, such as the eco-towers. Did they show them as a paradise that is good for the environment? YES. BUT did they tell you that there will be factories built at the base of these complexes ment for the slave labour of the occupants, or that there is no climatic crisis but rather the regular anticipated cyclic climate flux that is making endless profit for those who push the Green Agenda?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by jlv70

We are going to be at war with the chinese in the next 20 years.

Correction: We're going to be in a cold war with China & they've got far more $$ to fund it than we do.

I give it 5-10 years before a war with China... China's wealth is mostly an illusion, all it would take is for America to wake up to the joke of "free trade" and the Chinese economy would collapse over night.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by huh11132

no he didn't forget the Kittyhawk. she has been decommissioned.

OT: well its nice to see China finally refurbished that rusting POS they bought from Russia. And so they say they are going to build a carrier of their own design. 2 carriers aren't a threat to any other country that has a blue water navy. China may boast about their carriers and they may have long term plans for them but they know, their 2 carriers would be rusting hulks on the bottom of the ocean if they tried to challenge anyone.

OH BTW to the ones that think China is a "Superpower" they are far from superpower status! They are a struggling regional power at best, at worst they are close to still being a third world country. that can't feed all of its people.

<< 1  2   >>

join