It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DoD's new toy - satellite signal scrambler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The DoD is testing a new weapon and notified pilots in the Southeast that they would not have reliable GPS signal from Jan 20th to Feb 22nd for a hour at a time. If you look at the link below even though they are informative it seems no other information but for the FAA. This has huge implications in the Defense world and will be a next generation tool to take out our enemy.

www.engadget.com...

So lets talk about what is it….
It looks like the two new satellites just launched by DoD is low orbital and can disable GPS satellites in high orbit not directly in its path. Since we have exotic energy capabilities maybe this is some high energy radio signal or something to interfere with the signal without disabling the satellite itself. Please if you know what this is or any ideas post it.
These is so cool and please if you are in range of the jamming let me know if your GPS does not work in your cars or any pilots in the Southeast area post when you get the 24 hour notices.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This explains it! I travel a lot for work and my GPS on my phone has not worked all day!

I am in Charlotte,NC.
edit on 20-1-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So we get a refund from our GPS providers if the service is down for two days?

I can see the military application to this, but why not test it in Iraq?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Gps satellite constellation are just trannsmitters synched together by super accurate atomic clocks, so they transmit at the same time.The ground receiver locks onto the 3closest ( strongest signals and process's them as they arrive. by using the time difference between arriving signals and satellite location data. the receiver triangulates and plots out its ground location. any transmitter put in to orbit spoofing an out of time signal or location data would screw up an area.

. Plus we run the gps system. I would think we could degrade it or shut it down at our discretion. I always believed
(read) there was two levels of gps: civilian and military( weapons grade) . The military system is more accurate and limited to u.s. weapons technology.
edit on 20-1-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You can also get GPS blockers nowadays-
www.dealextreme.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WE are not talking small stuff here folks, one quarter of the United States getting GPS blocked is not some small test. What better place to do it as well on our own system to see what happens to both the new satellite and the target satellite. That is why I think they are not disabling the GPS satellite but only interferring with its signal.

If the above poster is right that means the two new satellites are blocking 3-6 GPS satellites at the same time, really who has that tech now? Do you think our satellites are working together to form this blocking device. I understand cell phone blockers use radio waves, that is my background so ofcourse I think of this first, are you saying GPS works on a different level to transmit data?

Thanks for the GPS problem so fast, wow, this is crazy. This should not have an effect on cell phone since they use a landbased LMU-E911 system based off the tower locations.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
So we get a refund from our GPS providers if the service is down for two days?

I can see the military application to this, but why not test it in Iraq?

Exactly... or in the middle of a desert somewhere! But Noooooooooooo... let's test it off the coast of the Atlanta International Airport, so a gazillion and a half airplanes can crash into each other.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I just wanted to interject that the military has weaponry that accounts for many of the lights in the sky that people are photographing and talking UFO about. Before 9/11 the Army was using a Tactical High Energy Laser, named THEL. People were trying to make them into hang flares! Please note that in the late 90's we lost Blackhawks to some hi-tech equipment being used on the battlefield in the Middle East by our enemies. The Army grounded the helicopters, and ran tests on making their on-board computer systems impervious to those attacks. We lost 7 people when one helicopter had its computer system attacked while inflight. Once hardened the Blackhawks went airborne again. The tests were held at White Sands. Is this ringing any bells with regard to Phoenix Lights? At any rate, you can be sure that THEL has been improved upon many times over these past years and tactical laser weaponry is probably some of the most advanced weapons our military has. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Question: what is the airplane mode on our cellphones for, whats the on, off mode, and what do they do if five or more people enable it before flying, or while in flight.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Ericsson/AT&T has both done studies that I know of that show there is not issue with interference with airplanes of any kind. I feel however if I had to put up with a whole plane full of people on cell phones at the same time would cause insanity very shortly so the idea of not using it on a plane in my opinion is best, why data I do not know. This is a rule of the airlines, not FAA.

I am not too sure about the different modes of phones; I am linking what Apple considers it below:

support.apple.com...

The problem with service during flights is because of the strength of the tower you are flying over, they are pointed down to spread over a 2 mile radius on the ground and even smaller footprints in cities. Over water is the best option since radio waves will travel further. Hope that helps.

Now what about the subject matter?????

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Interestingly, there isn't a word about this on the professional pilots' forum. i wouldn't think this would be top secret stuff, though maybe it is...

www.pprune.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

That is interesting, maybe this is cover for something and not DoD tests, and the conspiracy grows.......

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

This could be the missing link......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolhanddan
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

That is interesting, maybe this is cover for something and not DoD tests, and the conspiracy grows.......

That's amazing for sure.

top topics

join