It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happiness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What is happiness to you?
Are we content as individuals or a society?
What would it take for you, or us as a collective, to reach that plateau?
It seems to me, nothing in the world is more important than an individual's mental well being.
Are we actually any happier than our not so distant relatives from the past were? They were just as, if not extremely more happy; and without a doubt, more spiritually and environmentally aware. We have modern conveniences that make our world more comfortable right now; however these same comforts will eventually cause the environment in which we live to become increasingly more uncomfortable. These modern conveniences will eventually cost us our home. Eventually, it’ll reach a point when we won’t be able to exist on this poisoned planet anymore.

What (minimum possessions) do you require to be happy, while keeping environmentally friendly,
at the same time? I find that the more I get rid of, the happier I am. The things I own, all own me.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"Hapiness,
Is a warm gun,
Bang, bang, shoot, shoot,"
-Lennon/McCartney

again, couldn;t resist.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Happiness to me, is not having a single thing to feel negative or anxious about. And with the world being how it is, I feel as though it's impossible for me to achieve complete happiness in this lifetime.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A gallon of ice cold milk anda batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies - still warm of course, a football game on TV while it is snowing like heck outside while the fireplace is blazing.
If the Mrs. is out at the mall for the day it is icing on the cake.

new topics

top topics

join