It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOUND: A roll of film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Cool story too good not to pass along.

SPOILER ALERT: In a nutshell a guy finds a roll of film, has it developed with funds by the random generosity of a stranger and discovers some rather amazing photos of recent NY blizzard. He is searching to find photographer who took pictures so he can return them.

What a great human interest story. Karma is a boomerang. Enjoy!

edit on 20-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks for starting my day with such a nice story...

It's things like this that make me think we might not be doomed as a species just yet...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
very cool video/story. Thx for posting this.
Its a slightly sad comment im about to make, but it seems unusual to see something that is nothing other than someone wanting to do something nice.
I particularly liked his statement, "It's not often that i'm a victim of a random act of kindness."

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi Mr. Bubbles! This was a nice little break from the toil and trouble of the other boards.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Update: Even though it appears not many read this thread, I still figured I would add this.

Todd Bieber stumbled upon the film canister while cross-country skiing after a 2010 Christmas blizzard
I wonder if his last name had anything to do with the viral spread of the video?

It turns out the photos were taken by a French student temporarily studying in America named Camille, whose brother was visiting her in New York when the storm hit. Camille's ex-roommate wrote to Bieber to say that she thought the photos were taken by Camille because she recognized the block outside her apartment. Bieber then decided to embark on a five-country road trip through Europe to track down Camille and return the photos.

This is his summarized video of his trip/adventure to Europe, to return the film.

He does a good job of summing up his actual meeting with Camille. He says-

I had this silly expectation that as soon as I met the owner of the film, we would go on some crazy adventure. Instead, we sat, and drank tea, and awkwardly talked. You see, everybody else that I had met on this trip, chose to be a part of it. Camille didn't have a choice. I threw her into this situation, and posted photos of her family, that ended up all over the internet.

news.yahoo.com...

Bieber left his own roll of black-and-white film of the trip in Paris for a stranger to find, in hope that someone will track him down and have their own adventure.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks - A - Million for providing a fitting closure to this heart warming yet mundane story of this hing we call the human experience.

Astonishing.

ETA:
Kinda like this LIFE IN A DAY poject where people from across the planet were given cameras to capture daily life. A project that Ridley Scott (one of my idols) is involved with.

edit on 10-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join