It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Popular Misconception of "Liberal"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Maslows theory is an interesting read, and means many different things to different people.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Let me just comment. As far as Morality goes.

Moral/Morality has become the most obnoxious/used/abused - - - word ever since Bush "W" took office.

Somehow the Christian Right think they OWN it.

I prefer Ethical.

There are animals (such as the Timber Wolf and Elephants) that have a better grasp on society behavior (ethical) then most humans.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I find the connection between study of animals fascinating.

Animals have a more natural hierarchy and social system then humans.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't take "social justice" to equate to Affirmative Action the way conservatives do.

Take homosexual marriage for an example, something that to me needs some social justice, people in love should have the right to get married. However, this social change, and giving freedom to these people to some conservatives is insane. Why? I personally don't know, some talk about the sanctity of marriage (I know, try not to laugh).

How about giving women or blacks the right to vote? That's another example of social justice.

When conservatives see the words social justice, they immediately translate those words into Affirmative Action, when it really means making sure that everyone can start on the same footing.

Makes you wonder if Conservatives really want people to start off on the same footing. Doesn't seem like it to me sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join