It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting French book from early 19th century about the iLLuminati and more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is an amazon link to the book "Eques a capite Galeato" which somehow means "the man with helmet head".

www.amazon.fr...

I gave intentionaly this link and not a direct link to buy it, still those wishing to get the book might find it "easily".

This book is interesting in many ways. I use to own it and read it some times ago (unfortunatly i lost it), Im not sure I had the 1920 or 1820 edition (sorry about that) but pretty sure its been written/first edited during the early 19th or maybe even late 18th. I bought it from a small library and the guy who sell it to me was like almost in admiration or maybe even frightned when I asked this book in particular (very funny btw). Most probably if you decide to buy this book it you might do so from internet (If you do so and have the courage to make a PDF please u2u me
), for info the one i bought from 1820 was around 100-200$.

In this book you learn among other things (according to the autor) that :
- Napoleon was a freemasson of low rank/degree
- the same Napoleon tried once in power to rule and control massonic lodges by creating a central one (grand orient de france) but that he failed because the non official lodges where hidding into the official one (nothing surprising).
- There is a "secret society" called the iLLuminati that it has been puppeting the french revolution using the free masson they infiltrated
- There is a even more secret group called the "unknow superior" (also know as a free masson high rank in some lodge btw) that is observing and infiltrating free masson lodges and groups and activities. Also that this group is tight to some precise old french families like the "Chefdebiens" (most of them unknown/not noble/high rank).

I like this book because it was nice to read (especialy if you understand french
) , its "old" (at least 1820 if im correct , at worst 1920 but i think its rather 1820) so it cannot be taxed of being a "forged document" or a fake reedition of a book that never existed, furthermore you "feel" that the writing style is very close if not from the 18th centuary. Also the way its been written is interesting since most of the book is about a compilation of documents/mail (that are supposed to have existed for real) from "unknown superior" having a correspondance with another guys (I forget details about him) by mail in which he described how easily he foolled, infiltrate and spy the free masson during the revolution by using some expression/formulae/code words when mailing them and meeting them. He seems to insist a lot about how fool they are etc and how "powerfull"/wise he is compared to them.
edit on 17-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting indeed my French friend. The date on the book says 1753-1814 as far as I can tell. Might be the time the story is portraying though. Either way it predates the internet for sure which makes it a jewel in my opinion.

Too bad you've lost it. Maybe it's reason is to be passed on from soul to soul to inspire them to research their realm of reality

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Old books are usually a more reliable source of information than current sources. I may have to look into this. Thank you for the lead.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

If you read French, here's an excellent book on the Bavarian Illuminati:
Les Illumines de Baviere et la Franc-Maçonnerie Allemande

"the man with helmet head" could refer to Weishaupt, the founder of the Illuminati, which Google translates as "Pointed head". I can't read Latin (?) at all, but many masons on this board do.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

There is currently a Grand Orient of France (or GOOF as it is called by US masons). I don't know if Napoleon founded it, but it's currently not recognized by American or English Freemasonry.

From my understanding the GOOF doesn't require a belief in God or a supreme being. Also they admit women which is not allowed in US or UGLE lodges.

This is an interesting post, though. I didn't realize that Napoleon was linked with freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is another interesting link about the Chefdebiens and the Rennes-le-Château:

The Chefdebien Enigma

It indeed seems to be the case that these lords and nobles had a pronounced taste for esotericism. François Chefdebien evokes, at the Convent of Wilhelmsbad, the existence of the “Superior Unknown Templars” who have been charged with supervising the destiny of Freemasonry. Let us also note that he was suspected of lodging on his domains a “fraternity” with the name “the children of Sion”, something which too many authors have failed to note the potential importance of… and which could have great consequences for the mystery of Rennes-le-Château.

We need to add that in the background, certain societies were being created that were the occult heirs of the Illuminati of Bavaria and the famous Société Angélique. These groups organised themselves in parallel with the emerging Freemasonic lodges and obediences. We merely list the Rosicrucians, the Theosophical Society and those organisations created by the likes of Stanislas de Guaîta, Jules Bois, Claude Debussy and Maurice Maeterlinck.

There are a few known instances, and no doubt many unknown ones, whereby cells of these more closed societies were able to infiltrate the “secret societies” and use these for their own purposes. In short, one secret society hid another.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This book is not as old as you think it is. It was first published in 1913 by La Renaissance Française by Copin-Albancelli a former Freemason who became a detractor of the Fraternity. I find it interesting from a historical point of view as it demonstrates the atmosphere of the anti-Masonic movement in France in the 20th century, however some of the claims made are patently false and others are misleading.

First, it has never been demonstrated that Napoleon Buonaparte was ever a Freemason although he certainly favored the Fraternity with his protection. I am certain that if there was evidence that he was in fact a Freemason, that the GOdF would proudly list his name among it's members.

Second, it is not possible that Napoleon established the GOdF. Not only because he wasn't likely a Freemason, but also because he was born in 1769...36 years AFTER the GOdF was founded in 1733.

The claim that the Illuminati orchestrated the French Revolution by infiltrating the Freemasonic Lodges can not be proved or disproved. Some believe the Masonic book La Franc-Maçonnerie, écrasée in 1746 predicted the French Revolution but this book antedated the formation of the Illuminati in 1776.

The "unknown superiors" mentioned refers to the structure of the Rite Ecossais (Scottish Master) and Templar degrees, the "Haute Degrees" that would later become degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, the Rectified Scottish Rite, and the Swedish Rite.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
The "unknown superiors" mentioned refers to the structure of the Rite Ecossais (Scottish Master) and Templar degrees, the "Haute Degrees" that would later become degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, the Rectified Scottish Rite, and the Swedish Rite.

do you have a link to any information on this? It sounds very interesting and I have never heard of it.

Very well informed post.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes, I am citing a paper published in Heredom, The Transactions of the Scottish Rite Research Society.

AN INTRODUCTION TO THE HIGH DEGREES OF FREEMASONRY
by Henrik Bogdan, VII°
Published in Vol. 14 , Year 2006.

www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

thanks very much.

I love learning new things.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

This book is not as old as you think it is. It was first published in 1913 by La Renaissance Française by Copin-Albancelli a former Freemason who became a detractor of the Fraternity. I find it interesting from a historical point of view as it demonstrates the atmosphere of the anti-Masonic movement in France in the 20th century, however some of the claims made are patently false and others are misleading.

First, it has never been demonstrated that Napoleon Buonaparte was ever a Freemason although he certainly favored the Fraternity with his protection. I am certain that if there was evidence that he was in fact a Freemason, that the GOdF would proudly list his name among it's members.

Second, it is not possible that Napoleon established the GOdF. Not only because he wasn't likely a Freemason, but also because he was born in 1769...36 years AFTER the GOdF was founded in 1733.

The claim that the Illuminati orchestrated the French Revolution by infiltrating the Freemasonic Lodges can not be proved or disproved. Some believe the Masonic book La Franc-Maçonnerie, écrasée in 1746 predicted the French Revolution but this book antedated the formation of the Illuminati in 1776.

The edition might be from early 20th century as I said I don't own the book anymore so I cannot check (also Im very lazy
) Its true the book I had in hand had some "preface" from the "editor" that match the typical "french" anti massonic laius from that period (as it was quite "common"/admited opinion during early 20th and also19th century among western Europe)

About Napoleon it seems he has been a "providential man" brought/promoted by the same people (the masson mainly) who made the revolution in order to keep France "united" after the revolution. A lone man from Corsica wouldnt have make it alone (even he was "very gifted", some people even believe he was the anti christ) and they needed to focus attention of people to something else than revolution/end of Monarchy and to have people forget the butchery from revolution, they needed a "cause" for the French people to be united in. I think they had to choose "war against the rest of Europe" and Napoleon as a "nation leader"/king replacement in order the revolution not to collapse. Also I think without Napoleon being free masson himself it would have been impossible task to do. So I believe what is said in the book about that part at least.
And if I remember correctly its said it was Cambaceres who was his "contact" man with massons, also he was a much more high level masson than Napoleon himself.

Else there are several stuff/source on internet about some pretentded documents about the preparation of the revolution that has been pretendly catched "by chance" some years before the revolution on a "illuminati courrier", I think near the german-french border. Too bad the official guy/policemen who intercepted the documents (or his superior, i don't remember and Im too lazy to check) didn't believe in it and so the conspiracy wasn't prevented (a bit like september 11 btw
).
One thing sure, "Eques a capite Galeato" talks about weishaupt , illuminati, etc and at "worst" is from 1920. And even thou from 1920, it still may be compiled letters from 18th century.

The "unknown superiors" from this book as far as I know as nothing to do with the scotish rite, high massonic rank or whatsoever, but has more to do "maybe" with the Prieuré de Sion (as mentioned in the book "Holy Blood and Holy Grail") or "figures" like Compte de Germain and such.
edit on 18-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join