It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bail for CSUN student accused of bringing explosives on campus boosted to $1 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Bail for CSUN student accused of bringing explosives on campus boosted to $1 million

latimesblo gs.latimes.com

David Everson, 22, pleaded not guilty to possessing explosive materials and having a gun on campus. A judge raised his bail to $1 million and ordered him to return to court for a Jan. 28 hearing.
A police threat-assessment team found that Everson needed emotional assistance, and had him committed to a mental health facility, Glavin said. Police found a shotgun in an initial search of his dorm room, and later returned with a search warrant and found bomb-making materials, Glavin said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com
sundial.csun.edu

edit on 1/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Could this be another nail in the coffin?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f8b6ec82f64.jpg[/atsimg]
“Teenagers scare the living s%$t out of me.”-MCR

How many more of these reckless youths exposé’s will it take before their right to rights are being questioned?
It should also be interesting to note what kind of forums this guy was on, if any…
And more importantly, whether he had an ATS or Youtube account…

latimesblo gs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Do you honestly think that this is part of some systematic plan to remove the rights of others?
or is it more than likely that this kid actualy is guilt and, mentally disturbed?

Crimes occur everyday. This just comes on the heels of another heinous crime.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Because clearly illegal weapons and explosives aren't a good reason to arrest and hold somebody. Of course you'd plead not guilty. That way you might get out of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I honestly think that this story and others like it will lead to people asking, “What is becoming of the youths of today?”

It only takes a few of these until the public perception of the youth goes south and all trust with it…

And should enough of them be linked to alternative news forums, it would lead to people actually wanting these forums to be censored.

Just my views… Only time will tell really.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
statement retracted due to T&C requirements

edit on 1/15/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Could this be another nail in the coffin?

How many more of these reckless youths exposé’s will it take before their right to rights are being questioned?

Nail in the coffin? More like another corpse.

Rights being questioned? That's over.

This person is in jail for exercising his right to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Where have you been? The public perception of youth went south awhile ago.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

No.. because most all people have first hand experience of the "youth" and know not to judge them all based on news stories.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Shall we expose people the rays that will explode any explosives they carry.
Gee this was proposed before WWI to eliminate any more wars but even the
League of Nations quit before getting the proposal.
See the illuminati run.
Killing off the slaves as they go.

Too many exploding bodies will get too messy, oh well.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

To be fair, having explosive material on a campus full of students, is another matter all together. From the sounds of it he didnt have a licence for either. Im all for keeping and bearing arms, but you have to follow the procedures.
The lack of the licenses only indicate that the guy was planning to use the said items illegaly, possibly at the uni.

The question is, is he guilty?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

To be fair, having explosive material on a campus full of students, is another matter all together. From the sounds of it he didnt have a licence for either. Im all for keeping and bearing arms, but you have to follow the procedures.
The lack of the licenses only indicate that the guy was planning to use the said items illegaly, possibly at the uni.

The question is, is he guilty?

The laws get written. The laws get enforced. Whether or not they're constitutional is another matter altogether. And whether or not a Supreme Court judge decides they're consitutional or not is yet another matter once again - and up to that judge's own education, personal beliefs, and political leanings.

Licenses are infringing on the rights to bear arms. Government cannot permit/license you to exercise your rights. Unfortunately this goes down a road that this thread probably didn't have the intention of going down, and that is the road of the Commerce Clause - where the government can override constitutional rights of its citizens by claiming they are regulating commerce.

Is he guilty? Guilty of what... of a victimless crime? Of breaking laws that violate constitutional rights? Of "plotting terror"? I guess we'll find out.

And if he is found guilty of planning to kill innocent people, it does not negate everything I just said. There are more ways than one to skin a cat - violating our constitutional rights and creating terrorist boogeymen, creating citizen-"snitch" groups similar to Nazi Germany, making weapons a crime, banning weapons on "public"/private property... those are ways. Not the best. And ultimately, as history has shown, they can be one of the worst.
edit on 15-1-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Im sorry but I dont agree with you that licences infirnge on your rights to carry arms. There has to be a regulatory system in place to preven guns getting into the hands of those intending to use them for the wrong purposes.
Or do we just hand out guns to everybody and let the problem sort out itself...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
damn... guy has to sell a kidney for bail

CX

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
People should be more concerned about what can pass for "bomb making materials" these days.

I'd wager every single househould has plenty of ingredients for potential bombs. Unknowingly to you maybe, but to those in the know, all it takes is for them to find a few of these ingredients and hey presto, one terrorist bombmaker.

CX.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Sure, this happens all the time, but is it on headline news in every single case?

I think what the OP means [IMO] is that this is being used as perception management

huh, this one kinda looks like tom cruise
now if he'd shaved his head & and modeled in a red g-string with guns...
edit on 15-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by againuntodust

Im sorry but I dont agree with you that licences infirnge on your rights to carry arms. There has to be a regulatory system in place to preven guns getting into the hands of those intending to use them for the wrong purposes.
Or do we just hand out guns to everybody and let the problem sort out itself...

I know we disagree and thats OK. I don't believe in regulating rights. Those who want guns for evil purposes will get a gun without a license. The only valid reason (in my opinion) licensing guns exists is to properly train the user.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

later returned with a search warrant and found bomb-making materials,

This is just the cops way to enhance the bail. and for later bargaining in court.

There are so many things that can be called bomb-making materials that likely 50% of the population in the US has one or more in there homes.

Do you have flour or bleach and salt substitute, matches, you have bomb making materials.

I knew someone that had just bought a junked truck for parts and was towing it home with a tow dolly.

The cops stopped him and searched both trucks and in the old junked truck they found a couple pot roaches in the ash tray mixed in with a bunch of cigarette butts.
They charged him with possession of pot and operating a illegal tow truck, even though the tow dolly was legal one rented at the local Uhaul to tow the old truck.

When he got to court they told him they would drop the illegal tow truck charge if he would plea to the pot.
he told them no way.
he did beat both charges but it took a while.
edit on 15-1-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

top topics

join