It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lip Balm Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You might be asking the same thing i did:
"Did i miss something"
Addiction to Lip Balm

So personally i was looking for a AA meeting place (Not an alcoholic, but i wanted to go, though probably not Alcohol, i want something different. Any advice would be nice) on the internet.
Then i find this.
Lip Balm "AA" Meetings.

EVERYONE knows dry lips.
Maybe even crackly lips.

What do i do? I lick it a little, maybe apply some water. It works for a little bit, but then my body naturally moisturizes my lips and i have no problem.
This is kind of ridiculous though, it was in the news here's a youtube vid of it.

Actually when i just got on the website, i actually thought this was a big ol' Troll website, but it seems to not be so :|
There's a whole range of links on the LBA (LOLip Balm Anonymous)
www.lipbalmanonymous.com...

Hi, I’m 15 and have been gradually getting more addicted to lip balms for the last 10 years.

That was from their home page. 15 years old. Addict for 10.
:|

Guys, i understand how someone can be addicted to Alcohol. Ciggs. Heroin. Ect.

But this is lip balm :|
If my dad had to deal with my "Lip Balm Addiction" He would slap me in the face every time i put it on.
Boom fixed.

Forgive my harshness. (I'm not usually a :| face poster, but this topic desired many of them)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think it's more habit than addiction. I love the fruity kind so I use it just for the taste.

BTW, if you drink enough water, it helps your lips and skin not to dry out so much, especially in winter.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
lol all sorts of addictions out there...

kx

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Repeated use of lip balm when it is uinecesary (ie: when you dont have dry cracke lips) will cause your lips to do less of their own job moisturizing, hence you and your lips are inadvertantly addicted to the stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Very informative, hybrid. This lipbalm product topic has been on my mind. I have a ---severely--- bad problem with dry cracked lips. It's terrible, I don't know what the best thing to do about that, is. Well, Anyway, I used to try those balms, and after they (always quickly) wore off, my lips seemed worse. It made me come up with a Conspiracy Theory about lip balm, that the manufacturers make it like that on purpose, so that you need to keep buying and buying it. The profits roll and roll in...............

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm addicted to tying my shoes. any help for me?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I'm addicted to tying my shoes. any help for me?

Same exact thing i thought. I just think in meetings, like how are the things taken seriously?
"I woke up and i couldn't think about my lover as much as i thought about lip balm"

Originally posted by hybridkate

Repeated use of lip balm when it is uinecesary (ie: when you dont have dry cracke lips) will cause your lips to do less of their own job moisturizing, hence you and your lips are inadvertantly addicted to the stuff.

Seems about right. But why would someone start using it when not needed is the question ;o
Is it for... Looks? Or something to do to not seem awkward in certain situations.

Originally posted by maybee
I think it's more habit than addiction. I love the fruity kind so I use it just for the taste.

BTW, if you drink enough water, it helps your lips and skin not to dry out so much, especially in winter.

Obviously your an addict by this page's standards
Anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
only in good ol' america

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I actually have this addiction. I buy and have on me chapstick at all times. I use it all day long. I really should become the spokeswoman for a chapstick company. I prefer Blistex (in case someone from the company is reading this
) With that said...my lips are never ever ever dry. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I remember having chapped lips back in '88 or '89 and using chapstick. A co-worker told me that your lips become addicted to it. I quit using it and my lips stopped being chapped. Just recently I told my son the same thing. He doesn't believe me though.
edit on 1/15/2011 by Blueracer because: To correct a typo.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Agree with the poster above me

Cahpstick is addictive because it causes the body to "need" it

You stop producing moisture on your lips and they crack out more and more

So you need more and more chapstick

Self perpetuation is what makes chap stick bad

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Originally posted by maybee

Obviously your an addict by this page's standards
Anyways.

- Oh well, I guess there are worse addictions than fruity lip balm.
2nd line...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 15-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I like my burts bees. I'm not addicted however, i use it for about three/four days when ever i find it since i always seem to lose it. Or for my a conditionar when i wear lipstick and its a little dryy

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
burts bees is good stuff! Quality products. I like them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
burts bees is good stuff! Quality products. I like them.

Maybe.. a little more than you like?

new topics

top topics

join