It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the effect on Earth be if all the Birds Died?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi all,

I know I know another bird death thread...

But this one is slightly different, I’m not reporting on any new mass bird deaths but rather to pose a few questions.

Just how important are birds to our ecology?

Where do they sit in the food chain and just what would be the effect if there was some kind of bird apocalypse?

If we were to wake tomorrow and all the birds had died... Where would that lead us?

I have absolutle no understanding of the effects of the above and would be interested to hear what my esteemed ATS members had to say on this subject.

Regards,

Korg.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

More insects, more bug-spread disease (malaria, west nile...), even less pollenation of plants, starvation of animals that eat birds and plants (including us)...

In short, nothing good.
edit on 14-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Mass starvation for humans as if chickens were on that list a major part of our diet would be gone.

Would be a very bad thing if it happened

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
KFC will become Kentucky Fried Silicones

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, if all the birds died off then we would have some serious questions to ask of the people controlling this ship. It would be one of the most devastating things to ever happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think it would be an ecological disaster - not only that but those of us who love birds and their beauty would miss them greatly.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by Korg Trinity

More insects, more bug-spread disease (malaria, west nile...), even less pollenation of plants, starvation of animals that eat birds and plants (including us)...

In short, nothing good.
edit on 14-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

That's a very good point. I'm not at all religious but am beginning to suspect that the people in power seem to be trying to like the events of today to the biblical accounts of revelations.

Isn't pestilence one of the horses of the apocalypse??

What do birds normally die of? I mean is there an overall natural predator that relies on birds as its main food source?

Korg.

top topics

join