It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These Birds And Fish Being Geomagnetically ELECTROCUTED??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The die-offs are all of species KNOWN to use & be affected by geo-magnetism.

Is the simple answer DEATH BY SOME SORT OF NERVOUS SYSTEM ELECTROCUTION?????
Random EMPs or bursts of energy that may be literally FRYING THESE ANIMALS FROM THE INSIDE????

www2.gi.alaska.edu...

Am I understanding correctly the hypothesis in the above-linked article,
that these animals have ferrous material in their brains and are possibly being "electrocuted" to death in some way, due to the current solar activity & its effect on earth's geomagnetic field?
If so, this is a ground-breaking theory, IMO

This thread is based on information in my other thread:
Prophecy Of Birds Falling From Sky & Fish Dying In Water Made Several Hundred Years Ago

And comments made between myself and "showmethemoney":
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this, in fact, a plausible explanation to these cross-species die-offs?
Any experts that can shed some light on this theory...
PLEASE COMMENT AS TO YOUR EXPERTISE AND INSIGHT TOWARDS THIS POSSIBILITY!
edit on 11-1-2011 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Since apparently so many people are interested in this thread and have bombarded it with comments, I figured I would take this opportunity to take advantage of all the attention it's getting and add an additional comment that I deem noteworthy.

These die-offs are species SPECIFIC.

This makes me wonder if the particular species that are dying off en masse, are those that have the highest levels of ferrous compounds in their brains &/or nervous system.Thus causing these particular species to be the first and most affected by EMP & electromagnetic discharge?

OMAGAH! I'm a friggin' genius and nobody cares.

I'll come back a little later so I can reply and continue this conversation with myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmm... Might be something to this.

I remember hearing about one of the fish kills that it was immature fish who should have already went south for warmer waters and got caught in a cold snap.

If their GPS was tweaking, that would explain why they didn't swim south for winter.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

What in the H. E. double toothpicks is on your avatar?? What is that from? That is so extremely disturbing.....I wanna get a better look at it, lol...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Hey was on your other thread and i was going to make another post when i noticed you had started this new one and i think what i have discovered may be more relevant here.

It has come to my attention that frogs are also dying, in fact over the past 12 years the population in some species of frog has declined by as much as 80 Percent in the UK. After discovering this I done a little digging and to my astonishment I found that on physics.org there is an article talking about how frogs can be levitated in a strong electromagnetic field.

Levitating Frog

I then discovered an article on Aol news talking about a wide variety of animal die offs and the supposed reasons for this. It claims that the frog deaths were caused by "internal haemorrhaging" which in turn was caused by the Ranavirus! INTERNAL HEMORAGING, to me that seems like something that could be caused by being electrocuted from the inside out.

Aol Article

if you read the article about the levitating frog it talks about how all animals are like magnets

Frogs, like everything around and inside us, are made up of millions and billions of atoms. Each of these atoms contains electrons that whizz around a central nucleus, but when atoms are in a magnetic field, the electrons shift their orbits slightly. These shifts give the atoms their own magnetic field so when a frog is put in a very strong magnetic field, it is essentially made up of lots of tiny magnets.

Maybe the smaller animals are being affected now because the distortions in the magnetic field are too weak to affect anything larger?

Again its just a theory

Just seen a thread here on ATS talking about Bats dying and what do you know, they are also sensitive to changes in electromagnetic fields. The Aol article I posted in this response actually talks about bat deaths during hibernation, which is interesting because i am going to give a link to another article which states that Bats and birds although both use the earths EM field they use it for different reasons

"The fact that the only two flying vertebrates, bats and birds, do not derive the same information about direction from the Earth's magnetic field despite apparently similar navigational requirements has very important implications for the evolution of the magnetic sense in vertebrates," co-author Stuart Parsons from the University of Auckland, New Zealand told PhysOrg.com. "I think it is likely that other mammals possess the ability to detect the field, i.e. have the physiological and anatomical specialization necessary. However, this does not mean that they actually use this information."

I advise you to read the entire article as it is very enlightening, OK back to bats dying during hibernation!

so from what i have gathered the test done on bats showed that changes in the EM fields in controlled environments caused the bats to adjust their hanging positions and not only that.

The researchers had predicted that magnetic polarity could help these flying mammals in thermoregulation, as they need warmer locations to breeding and to decrease energy consume during torpor (in the dry summers) or hibernation (during the cold winter). The magnetic polarity is used more than for roosting: some bats, like Nyctalus noctula, can navigate during their seasonal migrations up to 1600 km (1000 mi).

If people ever start to view this thread I would love to hear some feedback on this, i believe it is starting to look conclusive, but what do I know?

edit on 11/1/2011 by showmethemoney because: Found extra information

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think your theory is quite plausible! I am not a scientist in any way, shape or form, but if things are a bit "hinky" (i.e. the poles shifting even minutely, solar flares, etc.) then there could be abnormal electrical currents floating about. As far as the fish die-offs are concerned, there isn't anything to say those currents couldn't be in the water as well.

PS) that avatar is truly freaky, but it looks like someone with a mask on the back of their head and bent facing upwards.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by Jeanius

What in the H. E. double toothpicks is on your avatar?? What is that from? That is so extremely disturbing.....I wanna get a better look at it, lol...

X-Files I think. Ick! Creapy!

That's an interesting theory, about the ferrous content. What will be the total impact on these creatures-- as in, how many more will likely die? When will this begin to have a noticeable effect on the entire food chain?

Not expecting you to know the answers, you understand. Just thinking out loud.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Because they are species specific just shows nature is working like it always has. Die-outs like this are actually fairly common. They just are not reported very often, or the reports aren't given the same coverage. If they were kill-off across/i] species we would have reason to be worried. The birds which have died, anywhere in the world so far, have been all the same type of bird. They also form large flocks, which behave and move as one, so if one does something they all will.
It's one of the products of the internet......news of small events from remote places in the world are broadcast to the whole world. And then the stories, which normally we wouldn't even know or care about are connected. It doesn't make it anymore newsworthy than it was before, it's just noticed now.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Hey stupid girl, I thought you might find this thread interesting, per your line of thought...

It's Raining Bats and Fish

Were they... levitated up into the storms?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by showmethemoney

I wish I could flag your post and give you more than one star. That info is an awesome contribution to this thread.

It's so friggin frustrating to see what some of the most popular threads are about and to watch others that seem a bit more original and noteworthy just fizzle out & die.

Hopefully a mod or long-time member will start a thread similar to this one so it can have the opportunity to get a little more attention

new topics

top topics

join