It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready . Gov ....WTF !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What kind of message is the government sending in the following video....???

And are they stating to prepare for such an " out of the ordinarry " encounter.

Link : www.ready.gov...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
LOL! I recall when this first came out people said they were prepping us for pole shift and all kinds of things. In reality, some idiot thought it was cute to make a "your world being turned upside down" video to freak people into preparing for disaster.
I wish I got paid what this idiot did for passing off bad ideas for videos promoting preparedness.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Advantage because: forgot the second F in "off"

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You should always be prepared for disasters...fire, flood, blizzards, tornadoes, earthquakes, civil unrest, alien invasion. I don't read a lot into this and see it as a positive campaign. However, that bug out bag he grabbed sure as hell doesn't contain everything on the list at ready.gov. Ha.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. I also noticed that on the website it mentioned somewhere about being prepared for "their" impact on us. Their impact? Who are "they", the extraterrestrials? That's what I'd like to know.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You should always be prepared for disasters...fire, flood, blizzards, tornadoes, earthquakes, civil unrest, alien invasion. I don't read a lot into this and see it as a positive campaign. However, that bug out bag he grabbed sure as hell doesn't contain everything on the list at ready.gov. Ha.

LOL! Yeah, no joke.

If they wanted a video that would work, splice some floaters and dead folks in nursing homes concerning Katrina together and have some guy with a nice voice say " yes, you need to take care of yourself and prepare... because if you count on the government to save your ass you might end up like these people"...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
WOW and people were giving # to people listening to Beck.

Hmmm, he has been saying this for a year now.

Oh well, keep listening to the government, they have your back.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Only a year? What a newb
Try cutting your baby teeth in a survivalist family that actually survived horrific things most can't even begin to imagine and being sent to survivalist camp every summer for three weeks. You haven't really lived till you've done that. But glad GB's finally with the program. Ha.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Terror is the only language the State speaks?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Terror is the only language the State speaks?

yeah.. and taxation.. duhh..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
there are more videos similar to this one here

www.ready.gov...

some mention hurricanes, floods, earthquakes,
power outages or any other disaster,
that includes man made.

and just what is a man made disaster???

I also didn't like the fact that 2 things were mentioned
in the list of items that raised my suspicions.

1) Dust Mask
2) Important documents, Insurance, bank account records

www.ready.gov...

#2 might lead me to believe that you're gonna be gone
for a long time or maybe displaced for an indefinite time
period. FEMA Camp anyone ????

and why would u need a dust mask if there
wasn't some sort of biological or chemical
threat???

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

If your house burns down or is flooded or is in danger of being so and you need to evacuate, you want to take all your important papers and photos with you. Dust or even gas masks are good if there's debris in the air too (earthquake, fire, dust storm, for example, or even in the case of a plane crash or chemical spill. A military jet crashed in our back yard once, and trust me, it was very hard to breathe. I think they're just saying it's good to be prepared, and if you have to evacuate for whatever reason, assume you might not come back to all your stuff.
edit on 1/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well Americans insist to live in earthquake areas, tornado areas, Hurrican areas with plenty of perfectly good empty space around and then there is recurring fires. Makes sense to be prepared.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Bug-out bags are always a good idea. Whether it be zombie holocaust or birds attacking everyone.

I wonder if Ready.gov says you should bring anything of actual use, like guns and ammo. Prolly not.

top topics

join