It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel so lost in this society

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

You said you want to find the true meaning of life? Sounds like you already did. You know everyone should be peaceful and working towards the greater good, well, that's the meaning of life as far as I'm concerned. You seem to be an amazing person and I have a recommendation for you. Go camping. Not just the regular Jockeytard (Sounds funny but so true right?) camping trip either like sitting on a stupid lot with beer guzzlers, I mean really go camping. Make a list of all essential supplies you'll need and just take off with a GPS for a month or so. I did that last year with a good friend of mine (My only friend I consider to be a real friend). It was the best experience of my life. I also highly encourage you to try an isolation tank for a couple of hours on a regular basis. That alone is enough to change your life. If you go on the camping trip, be sure to do your research. When you do, just go as far into the middle of nowhere you possibly can reach by foot, then set up camp by a stream or river so water isn't an issue. Then just take in nature for a whole month. It's breathtaking. A month is a short enough time span that you could do what I did and just bring all the food you'll need. Happy camping
(If you go lol)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There is too much difference in life to not fit in, you just need to walk around the other corner and not the one you chose to walk around. The direct world in front of you is not about fitting in, it is about showing them who you are, maybe it will be how different you are in some aspects. The direct world is about intelligence, to display knowledge in action, not talking since body language is 93% of overall communicating.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

I couldn't agree more. My time in an isolation chamber, the few times I got to do it, was heavenly. I've done what I can in my bedroom, but man, the tank is amazing. I felt so much peace. I looked inside, and I was happy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Life consists of different games - Biological, social, intellectual, spiritual - they are all played by different rules and have different currencies.

You need to be profficient in all of them! - you seem to be heavily weighted to the spiritual, whilst complaining that most are playing exclusively social games.

Just accept it - that is where they are at, and you ain't gonna change them - be strong in what you do and learn to have a little fun!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel, and it ain't a good feeling.

I personally feel very isolated also. REALLY isolated in the world. I get so angry nowadays when I see how people act without giving a care as to what is happening in front of their faces concerning their rights being taken away, war, poverty etc. I have nobody to talk to seriously about anything like what is discussed on this site (the sensible open-minded stuff) because I just get that kind of "he's nuttier than pistachios" look. Especially with my partner, he really frustrates me. He is very materialistic, very selfish and couldn't care less about how people feel. For example, when I first read about the bills being passed to allow the detention of American citizens without trial or excuse, I pretty much poured my heart out for the American people (I love Americans) and got a "they're hundreds of miles away, let them be detained." When I say that our Government are no better (UK Government) I get an earful about talking # and letting people influence my mind towards conspiracies. I have NEVER let anyone influence my mind, and am known for letting those who deserve chances to have their chance, and to shun those who are not deserving.

Long story I know
But basically, even though you only have two people to talk to in a serious manner about the genuinely important issues in the world you'll always have the ATSers (minus the trolls).

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thats the burden we have by being so aware of ourselves and our existence, if i was a spider or a rabbit or anything other than a primate there would not be those pressures we have.

It seems ludicrous from the point of view of anything else alive on this planet the pressures we have and our addictions, our addiction to material things and money...none of which we claim to be ours is ever actually ours, you'll die one day and any money or property you have left is going to be somebody elses and eventually the atoms in everything becomes the universe, you cannot OWN atoms, the idea of ownership is silly yet our society falls apart over it.
In the truest sense our society is fake, it is, it is fake because it is built in and around ownership of things which can never be really owned and in some cases run out of supply like non-renewables.
Wars may be fought in the future that take mankind to possible extinction and i'm willing to bet it will be fought over the last drop of oil.

Some of us think outside the box and the original poster is one of those people, unfortunatly all you are really seeing is the nasty truth that the so called civilised society we created is just a wafer thin mirage.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well, as you can clearly see by all of the flags and stars, you are not ignored, friend. I know just how you feel. Just this morning I received a U2 informing me that I was mentally ill, and urging me to get help.
Just because my thinking process works differently from the norm. I don't know how old you are, and you don't have to say, but I am 58 Earth years old. I have seen a lot in my life, and have always seemed to live on the fringe of it all. I too know people who are so into what others are doing, sleeping with, talking about, they cannot see what is happening in the world. Just yesterday I asked a neighbor what she thought of the Methane Gas release in the Arctic, and she had no idea of what I was taking about. I see people all the time so obsessed with their cell phones that they cannot see anything else. I see people spend thousands of dollars for a computer system, then use it just for Facebook and playing games.
It is sad how our electronic toys has made us all live in a virtual world, unaware of the real world, and no caring anyway. Sad.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Now you know some of us have spoken to you previously.. some of your ideas were completely NOT viable.. and you were told why and etc. That doesnt mean that any of us are against you or stupid.. in those particular instances we already knew what you were talking about. LOL! I think that it was wonderful you felt these things and were so sincere in the first place.. but the truth is that if you keep being so negative when people who already know whats up with certain things by having been involved in them youre never going to get anywhere and youll keep being depressed. This is NOT a slight on YOU. You have to take what we say and apply it to what you want to do... and not just give up. YOu have to take what you gather up as knowledge and use it in ways that can be used in your situation. You also have to realize the so-called "small things" you do are not so small... not at all.

Truthfully for me, I only wish you success, but the kind of success that doesnt come with a bunch of failures on your part through not thinking things through previously or listening to good counsel. Honestly I think youre pretty special to be so open and desiring to help others when you are having trouble yourself. It takes a special person not to wallow in self pity when given your set of challenges. The thing is, your heart is absolutely in the right place... and these days finding such a soft and sweet heart is hard. Hell, I dont even have one and I envy that kind of natural and unforced true caring for other human beings.. even the rotten ones! SO its an admirable quality to me and i see it. I just want you to follow up with the hard head side of it and not suffer the consequences of doing things without knowing what youre getting into and all of the information first.

Sometimes you have to reach out and take a chance with the right person to take your ideas and talk straight to you about the viability of implementing them. Then not get depressed, but tweak your ideas and not just give up so quickly.
Just because ideas dont pan out immediately doesnt mean they are failures.. be persistent and though it may take a while, you never now who you can reach even along the way.

In honesty, I think that you just being you is enough. Your care to others and how you treat others. I, for one, think that this burning desire you have is wholly real and a drive for you. YOu have that certain something in you that sincerely altruistic people do. Its a very admirable thing and others recognize it. SOme predatrory types will recognize it too unfortunately. Look you dreamer... You dont have to have homeless shelters in your back yard to love your fellow man in a true way and express it for others to recognize. I think youre the type that is a dreamer for sure, but a sincere and truly loving person who we have so few of in these days. Maybe you dont realize the good youve already done... you dont realize you were recognized even in the old conversations we'd had. I for one feel Im better for having spoken to you and seen what a true selfless person is even if you are a dreamer! SO please dont be depressed over things and frustrations concerning implementing some of your ideas. You just need to know you are already what you are seeking to be.. and didnt even realize it!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Muhaaa..good to hear this. I know how hard it is to deal with this.
You don't even want to do or listen to such things. When you hear someone speak about certain stuff so seriously as if its the most important thing in life, you just want to close your ears. If you see people wandering and roaming aimlessly blabbering about bs and nonsense you just want to run. You are not interested in things that once interested you. You are no more the same person you once were. When you speak about this most people will think that you are a nut or someone who is different.

But we are not different. They are. We are natural and this is what being natural is. We should be at least happy to have reached this thought. Forget about voicing your opinion among clowns. Be a clown, read a book, keep it to yourself and it will just be fine. Because that is what I do. I stopped worrying about things that cannot be changed. I want to just get the hell out of here but you know that can't be done.

Hang on there and expect a miracle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join