It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Deal (UK) – the great fraud.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by KingDoey

What alternate reality are you living in.
I'm unemployed and the only one of those I have are an decrepid xbox (not 360) and a broken ps2.

I don't think even if I sell both of them I'd even pay a weeks rent.

Sell the xbox and repair the PS2! You know it makes sense.

Rev

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its sad really, you say the word "jobseeker" these day and most people hear "scum."
My last 2 jobs were both BELOW minimum wage (about £2 -£2.50) thanks to loopholes in the law both working for 60+ hours a week. With both jobs I was made redundant.

I actually look forward to working at minimum wage because compared to what im used to thats rich.

People forget that you can't live off £50 a week and free rent, not long term not unless you have family of charity support.
I was calculating my finances last week and I realized after I had payed for the water, electricity, telephone food and bus fare I would have a whole £5 in my pocket to spend on anything I needed.
If I can't find a job (which looks likely right now) and the price of anything rises what do I choose to do?
stop eating so I can have running water or stop having electricity so I can eat.
and what am I and other like me supposed to do when we need new cloathes etc...
I've only got a few moth eaten t-shirts left, what am I supposed to do when the last one falls apart.

Sorry, this is turned into a rant, but my economic situation is making me stressed and depressed and I doubt I'm the only one in this situation.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Rubbish. Anyone going for a job below their perceived status such as an accountant seeking to work as a bookkeeper is viewed with an almost indecent level of scrutiny. I know as I have seen it.

Employers are very suspicious of anyone with more than six months unemployment.

Employers are also guilty of wanting a very narrow band of people and are currently keen on poaching those from their competitors so check out banking jobs.

Even the Poles are leaving.

But don't let this get in the way of your thinking
edit on 10-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

It's good to rant mate, especially about things like this.

Rev

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

You're right about the Poles, however I'll have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the rest of your post. Now I think we should hug and make up.

Rev

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Also most min wage positions with major employers give you these weird psychological tests now, trying to rate your personality I suppose but I can never seem to pass them, either through the truth or through lies.

The most irritating part though is failing these test and then going to tesco and being served by some listless moron who thinks irony is a type of metal.
edit on 10-1-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Also most min wage positions with major employers give you these weird psychological tests now, trying to rate your personality I suppose but I can never seem to pass them, either through the truth or through lies.

The most irritating part though is failing these test and then going to tesco and being served by some listless moron who thinks irony is a type of metal.
edit on 10-1-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

Lol i remember applying at B&Q when i was at school and failing that said test you are talking about. it is hard atm, very hard and the thought of losing my job scares the sh*t out of me, it really does.

That said, I find it hard to believe that there is nothing out there. A quick seacrh on Job centre:

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk...

36 jobs, just in Bournemouth, within 3 trades. Plumbing, Brickwork and Decorating. There are hundreds of different categories in areas all over the country.

There is work out there, but i do agree that the competition for each place is fiercer than usual...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by tiger5

You're right about the Poles, however I'll have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the rest of your post. Now I think we should hug and make up.

Rev

Promise me no tongues!!

Still don't patronise the unemployed you may become one one day!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That said, I find it hard to believe that there is nothing out there. A quick seacrh on Job centre:

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk...

The company I used to work for went into administration 2 months ago and I focused all my job hunting on that website without success. I must have applied for twenty plus jobs through there without so much as a 'Thanks, but no thanks' reply.

Literally the first job I applied for via other methods (I think it was monster.com or something) resulted in an interview and an offer of employment shortly after. Thus I'm inclined to think that there is a stigma attached to the unemployed who use jobseekers direct.

The best advice I can give to 'jobseekers' is this - Sex up your C.V, spam it by email to all and sundry, blag the interview if you get one and take it one day at a time if you get the job (that perhaps you weren't qualified for in the first place).

That's what I did and it's going O.K so far. Once you've got your foot in the door you'd be surprised at how much leeway your given.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I have been and currently am unemployed, though I have no choice in the matter sadly. I'm counting the days until I'm well enough to go back to work (and seriously considering applying for McD's when that day comes), if for no other reason than the fact that I'm bored of being unwell and being a carer for my wife...that and I could really use a new game for my xbox! lol

As for no tongues...I make no promises.

Rev

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

I just check my area on the jc website there was a whole 4 jobs

another 15 in my local newspaper.

and 16724 unemployed people in my area. (not including those not on benifits or those in new deal.)

The maths looks bad

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Aargh the more I look into this the worse it gets!

okay so there are 19 advertised jobs this week but its just after new year so of course there are twice that in in average week, so we have 38 jobs advertised a week then if I assume that only half of jobs are advertised in this manner that give me 76 jobs a week. now assuming all those jobs are full time (thus taking one person off the unemployment list) and that they are permanant positions so everyone hired stays hired and that no one else leaves there job that gives a grand total of 4256 people gaining jobs this year in my area...

okay now if I assume that only half of the 16724 (discounting unofficial job hunters) currently unemployed (8362) are actualy genuine and credible job hunters that would me that this year there is a minimum of 2 people per person.

Now this is an incredibly concervative estimate to my mind but even if it was this it would be bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I know this thread is old so forgive me necroing it but there is a similar thread that may be of intrest to anyone who comes across this one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The corruption continues

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Absolute mince! "Lower your standards"

I'm a brickie who cant even get work as a labourer cleaning building sites! Let me tell you, if you cant get work as a labourer in the U.K. then there is no work to be had.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join