It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Those 15 Annoying People On Every Internet Forum"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a list of 15 of those annoying posters that we all have ran in to at one point in our lives...
www.mindrepanda.com...

Friend sent me this link thought i would post it here to see if anyone would confess to any of these behaviors or point fingers

i guess i have been a little of each at one time or another.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathoryn

I think that is awesome and surprisingly accurate. In fact a few names came to mind while reading these, particularly # 15.

"Explain to me why I should read your posts?" and "Yaaaaaawwwn." They offer nothing positive, unless it is in their particular area of expertise. These people suck the life blood and energy out of threads and forums. You really have to wonder what on earth these people are thinking. Do they actually get some joy out of that?

Hmmm, sound like anyone you know?
I was also confronted with my own posting shortcomings with #'s 11 and 13....doh! I will work on those

These could be included in the ats guidelines huh?

Cool find Mathoryn

spec
edit on 9-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
some of these were really funny and true RLOFMA!

edit on 9-1-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

lmao Woot Thanks man

I enjoyed these a lot .

I more into nr 9 I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You talkin to me? I just used #5 in my last post - who wants to reference when the next guy can do it for you LMAO.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
New here so not any of those yet. I must admit though I really enjoy reading the posts of people who are both witty and funny - it's entertaining and I love a laugh

oh oh ...just realised maybe I am becoming a #1!

edit on 9/1/11 by Australiana because: Just to be a #15 type poster

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

5. The "What's google?" poster. If you have a question you better make for damn sure that you spent at least 10 minutes trying to find the answer elsewhere on the net before you ask it in a forum.

I always get people like this asking me questions in the religon forums 'If God exists then why is there so much suffering in the world?' Or...'why would God create hell if He loves us?'...

if you -seriously- want to know, just google it and you will get 50,000 explanations. Plz don't waste my time because even if I answer your question methodically, you'll just have another question, so nothing is accomplished... I've been a christian for 15 years and even I still have questions...

11. That person who only reads the last page of a thread, and so writes something that's already been said 5 times, or writes something completely unrelated to the actual thread.

guilty lol
--------------------------------------------------------
13. The "story to share hijacker", this is the person that posts something vaguely related to the topic for the sake of being able to tell a story about themselves, or someone they know, or something they read once.

haha i do this too...crap i just did it again

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Hear hear to #5!!! Search Before Posting!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think they should have added the person who doesn't use punctuation in their post. No commas and no periods so everything is run together in one big paragraph of a sentence.
edit on 9-1-2011 by ditchweed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ditchweed
I think they should have added the person who doesn't use punctuation in their post. No commas and no periods so everything is run together in one big paragraph of a sentence.
edit on 9-1-2011 by ditchweed because: (no reason given)

I totally agree!

They should also add the poster that creates a new avatar just because he/she is too much of a wuss to post on their main

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Lol... hilarious. Thank gawd I didn't see myself in any of those!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Every thread named "OMG CLICK HERE!!!" is annoying and only makes the poster look like a desperate loser.

People need to learn to be more descriptive.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
LOL! DIS IZ S0000 FUNNY! ROFLMAO, This reminds of something else I read just like this!! It was like the 8 most annoying internet posters!! Also, everyone here is stupid. I am a genius and went to HARVARD! YEAH! Also, plz go 2 my new website Irocksomuch.com. Also, what's the capital of Ireland? Btw, my name is Daniel Johnson and I was born in 1988 in the Bronx. I was an energetic child who excelled in school. My father died when I was 12. Smoking is bad

I think I nailed about seven of them. I wouldn't be surprised if this post was deleted and I was permanently banned from ATS. Wait, I think I just unknowingly became number 1#.

edit on 15-1-2011 by TheThinker101 because: Font fail

edit on 15-1-2011 by TheThinker101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That describes everyone on the net in some form or other.

Nice find.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They should also include, the ones

"i have degree so my farts do not stink"

Those people are everywhere too.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They should also include, the ones

"i have degree so my farts do not stink"

Those people are everywhere too.

I have a degree and I dont even fart. Ever.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I accidentally stumbled across this thread a few days ago. Ever since then, some of these particular types, have really stood out even more to me.

Right now-

1. The "smiley" obsessed poster.
I will not point fingers or name names, but there was a thread started about 15 minutes ago. A single line, then a double-space before the next statement. About 10 lines this way, and EVERY line contains at least one ridiculous smiley. Some lines contain a few. I have absolutely no clue what the thread is about, because as soon as I opened it and saw that the amount of smileys was not much less than the amount of words, I had to instantly close it.

new topics

top topics

join