It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US concerned over China's rapid development of new weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Defence secretary says Beijing, whose arms development is outpacing US intelligence estimates, could 'put some of our capabilities at risk'

Source

Now China is a Threat to the USA because it wants to defend itself in the Future...WHY? Whats wrong with those Lunatics?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You know why im feeling uneasy about the USA lately? Because i live in Europe,and some Lunatic in the States believes Europe beeing the cause for Americas lack of recovery. This "indirect Threat" against Chinas wish to defend itself better in the Future makes me very uneasy...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I currently live in Europe too. I'm in Russia now, and the Russians don't "hate America and Americans" like the US media spins it out to be. What they don't agree with is the US trying to move missiles into uncomfortable spots nears it's border. How would America like it if Russia put a bunch of missiles in Mexico??? China doesn't "hate" America either, they are just another country trying to have its interests at heart, which are to expand its military in case it might have to be used one day. They are not building up their military to invade the US or harm it in any way.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is just the usual petitioning for more military funds.
Our military excursions are a large piece of the bankrupt America pie. He's just trying to justify it. It doesn't really have to do with foreign policy as much as keeping the military industrial complex in the money. Of course, that's just as worrying, but nothing new.

new topics

top topics

join