It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

minnesota.publicradio.org...

by NPR Staff, National Public Radio
January 8, 2011

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, Arizona Public Media reported Saturday.

Giffords, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner” event at the Safeway in northwest Tucson when a gunman ran up and started shooting. At least five other people, including members of her staff, were hurt, according to Peter Michaels, news director of Arizona Public Media.

Giffords was transported to University Medical Center in Tucson. Her condition was not immediately known.

Michaels said Giffords was talking to a couple when the man ran up, firing indiscriminately, and then ran off. He was tackled by a bystander.

More details to come. Copyright 2011 National Public Radio. To see more, visit www.npr.org...

Nothing more I can add right now, but I think staff members were shot too.
minnesota.publicradio.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Gabrielle Giffords
en.wikipedia.org...

I honestly don't know much about her, how horrible,

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My condolences to Gifford's family and the US of A.

...So it begins. The grassroots are mobilized and the requisite airplane crashes are no longer requisite.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sad to say this, but we may see more of this in the future. There are some angry people out there and the politicians seem to completely ignore this fact. I hope that there were not any fatalities, but it is not looking good. News is reporting that 12 people were shot.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My condolences to Gifford's family and the US of A.

...So it begins. The grassroots are mobilized and the requisite airplane crashes are no longer requisite.

This is just heartbreaking, I am hearing twelve others shot, but hasn't been confirmed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
Sad to say this, but we may see more of this in the future. There are some angry people out there and the politicians seem to completely ignore this fact. I hope that there were not any fatalities, but it is not looking good. News is reporting that 12 people were shot.

I just heard that too,

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ran in 2007 and is a strong proponent of tighter boarder control...that could be one of the reasons why she was shot...LINK

I hope this ramps up the need for tighter boarder control if this was the reason...regardless I think the republicans may use this as a platform to really push this..if this was a boarder issue could this be a form of terrorism to come? It's a shame that people have to go this low to make a point but their are plenty of folks even on this site that condone violence against the government which includes government officials...
edit on 8-1-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I see, thank you for the information.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
latest update said she isn't dead but in critical condition, I hope this is true.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Isn't this one of Palin's "Don't retreat, reload" politicians? Such a tragedy that has happened...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join