It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obesity Be Considered A Disability???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

The excuse that cooking for yourself and family with good fresh produce is too expensive is complete hogwash. It works out roughly the same if not cheaper if you are a decent cook and use ingredients efficiently. As to whether obesity should be considered a disability, if it is brought on through no fault of your own...thyroid condition etc then yes. But the vast majority of obese people do not have this excuse(although they will try to use it) and simply eat too much,eat badly and don't exercise.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

The excuse that cooking for yourself and family with good fresh produce is too expensive is complete hogwash.

Actually, it's not. It's dependent on where you live in the country, what your wages are, and what the going rate for produce is in your area. Shopping for seasonal produce helps, but isn't always the best. Not everybody has access to farmer's markets like I do (which is quite nice, because I can usually get very fresh produce for a fraction of the cost of going to a supermarket). It sounds like you're attacking me, when I actually agree with all of your points but this one.

Have a good one.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Of the applicant's for the show THE BIGGEST LOSER 90% are not picked because of health problems.
Over 40% of those when medically tested are found to have medical problems that caused there weight problems and that were missed by there doctors for years.

In many cases the applicant's have never had the extensive testing that the show does. there old doctors had just run a few test then blamed the weight on over eating and inactivity.

One of the shows producers said the biggest problem the show has is finding people they will not fall over dead from medical problems while they are on the show.

The show is afraid of the bad publicity and lawsuits if someone did.
edit on 8-1-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join