It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany closes 4,709 farms after dioxin scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Germany closes 4,709 farms after dioxin scare

www.news.com.au

GERMANY'S regions have ordered the closure of 4,709 farms across the country as a precautionary measure following a scare over dioxin contamination, the agriculture ministry said today.

Most of the farms involved are in Lower Saxony, northwest Germany, and most of them were ones raising pigs, said the ministry in a statement summarizing the actions of the regional authorities.

Until the farms had been checked and found to be clear of contamination, they would not be allowed to make any deliveries.

It was in Lower Saxony that 2,500 out of the 3,000 tonnes of contaminated fatty acids a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The fat is therefore not allowed for consumption, it added.

The German government said earlier that up to 150,000 tonnes of feed were feared to have been contaminated.

The dioxin scare has resulted in a halt in production at about 1,200 chicken, turkey and pig farms, most of them in northern Germany.

There are around 375,000 farms in Germany.

A dioxin level that exceeded legal levels in eggs was found in late December.

While the scare started in two German states, 11 are affected now including Hesse, the region around Germany's financial capital Frankfurt, and southwestern Rhineland-Palatinate which borders on France.

German authorities on Wednesday informed the EU's executive Commission and business partners that 136,000 eggs, or nine tonnes from contaminated German farms were exported to the Netherlands.

The European Commission said Thursday the hunt for potentially dioxin-tainted eggs had also turned to Britain.

Dioxin, a by-product of burning rubbish and industrial activities, can cause miscarriages and other health problems in humans, including cancer.

That is a lot of farms! So is it specific to only farms that have pigs on them? Any ideas?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 8/1/11 by argentus because: added ex tags & mod notes

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

hang on.....was'nt there an incident in the USA recently where eggs were suddenly taken off the market somewhere due to contamination? I'm sure I read something some weeks back.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I dont believe This!
they are still sending the poisond eggs to england.
and so it will not kill us.
they are mixing them with good eggs

MAD

it is in liquid form.
I dont thing they will put this in the news.
so most eat the Bad Eggs.
the Germans shoude eat them.

its on the radio, BBC news.
edit on 7-1-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by q_ball

hang on.....was'nt there an incident in the USA recently where eggs were suddenly taken off the market somewhere due to contamination? I'm sure I read something some weeks back.

Could all the food recalls be a cover for stocking up the DUMBs??

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's even worse. Today it was confirmed, that the producers of the food knew about the contamination with dioxin since March 2010, but they did not take action. This would be a crime.

A doctor has made a criminal complaint against the manufacturer because of serious assault and attempted murder out of greed.

Who knows, how much pork, chicken and eggs we ate already...

Nice, to see, that an ATSer wants me to eat more of that poison. You know, Buddha, the Germans are not all responsible for that criminal manufacturer, but they all now must fear, that they were poisoned more or less.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by q_ball

Yes and the contaminated eggs have now reached the UK. I would suggest people dont buy and pastry or mayonaisse as these are the products affected.

Dioxin Hits UK's Food Chain

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So let me get this straight... when eggs are contaminated, they are not discarded. They are liquefied and mixed with non-contaminated eggs until the detectable level of contaminants are deemed safe.

Praise Allah for giving me strength to be vegan.

new topics

top topics

join