It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook & Goldman Sachs; Banking On Your Lifes Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What is the general consensus here on ATS?

Are you comfortable knowing that your lifes story will now be funding Goldman Sachs?

Facebook Inc. will begin disclosing financial information or stage an initial public offering by April 2012, according to a new 100-page private-placement memo now being distributed to potential investors in the company.

The popular social-networking company said in the document that it intends to breach a critical 500-shareholder limit this year. Crossing the limit triggers a Securities and Exchange Commission rule that requires that companies file financial information—even if their shares don't trade publicly.
online.wsj.com...

Oh ok but wait, Facebook and Goldman Sachs?

Facebook's intentions have been under heavy debate since the company launched a private share offering through Goldman Sachs Group Inc. this week. Some investors have wondered whether the arrangement with Goldman was designed to avoid such disclosures

A Facebook spokesman declined to comment. Goldman Sachs declined to comment.

Facebook ‘worth £32billion’ as investors pour in cash

Facebook's hypothetical value has soared to $50million (£32billion) after it was reported to have raised £321million from Goldman Sachs and a Russian investment firm - a deal that values it higher than Time Warner, Yahoo and eBay

www.metro.co.uk...
www.metro.co.uk...

Microsoft tried to buy Facebook: Details of failed deal emerge...

www.metro.co.uk...

And if your not intestested in your lifes story, then rest assured Facebook will take it up on your behalf!

Facebook is about to launch a new facility for photo tagging using face detection software. Once a photo is uploaded, Facebook's face detection software will identify photos of your friends and suggest their names for tagging. If Facebook's suggestion is correct, you can just click yes.

www.khabrein.info...
edit on 6-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
What is the general consensus here on ATS?

I'm glad I never enrolled in Facebook.
Social networking that involves private information is just an open door to your life.
Why on Earth would you put yourself out there for EVERYONE to see?
Never understood that.
Of course, I am not 'into' popularity contests either.
Seems all those networking sites are just that.
Who can be more popular?

A Facebook spokesman declined to comment. Goldman Sachs declined to comment.

Of course they did.
Why would they comment when they are about to sell all of the information to the public.
Maybe it can be used to track sales and interests.
Imagine what criminal minds could do if they knew exactly what you are doing.
Everyday!?

Either way I could care less.
But, good thread though.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Reports today value Facebook at 50 billion.

If you have a couple of million dollars spare, you can get a piece of the Facebook action too, provided you agree not to sell the shares until 2013, with Goldman Sachs creating a special investment vehicle for the purpose. Goldman itself now has 0.8 per cent and helped organise Russian firm Digital Sky Technologies' purchase of 10 per cent for $500m, hence the $50bn valuation. But that is also the problem.

In what might be described as informed speculation, some analysts believe that the US Securities and Exchange Commission in the US could force an IPO. Analysts think Facebook may be falling foul of SEC rules or at least sailing very close to wind.

www.stockopedia.co.uk...
edit on 6-1-2011 by burntheships because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Facebook is gay

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Reports today value Facebook at 50 million.

I think you mean billion
Pretty crazy that yahoo was in talks to purchase for just 1 bil just a few years ago.

Goldmans gonna goldman

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeIsPowre

See we really are very valuable then as a species.

Yeah changed the m to a b.

Good thing I was not entering it on the market

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Imagine the speculating goldman sachs can do if they could plug everyones info and personality, habits, how lazy you are, how smart you are, or dumb.
They could bet wether or not you will fail to pay this or likely to pay that, etc.

It's all greed, and goldman sachs can be the winning better as they will know all the variables.

example:
I bet you he will bet all his money on video lotto terminals and default on his mortgage and we can place a bet on that.
Man, when they can harvest info on millions of people, the world is their oyster.

Yeah, facebook is gay. (but not in the sexual preference way, they will know that too, they probably have gadar programs right now)

I never bought into facebook either.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
FACEBLOCKED

FACEBLOCKED: Goldman Halts Facebook Stock Sale To US Clients

Only non-US Goldman Sachs clients will be able to take part in the company's sale of $1.5 billion worth of Facebook stock, the bank told clients today.

The WSJ reports the reason is regulatory concerns.

At the beginning of the month, Goldman announced it had invested $450 million in Facebook at a $50 billion valuation.

As a part of that deal, Goldman also said it would sell $1.5 billion worth of common Facebook stock to its wealthiest clients.

Almost immediately, the offering was over-subscribed. Now only internationals will get in on the action.

It's unclear what were Goldman's regulatory concerns.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

top topics

join