It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do the numbers and letters on the left under our profile names mean when in a forum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by doubledutch

When the revolution happens those numbers and letters will be recorded at that point, those numbers will be tattooed on your butt and they will represent your worth to society in the new system... For that day forward that will forever be your precise class or cast designation, no one will be able to better them selves from that glorious day forward, your kids will automatically be inserted into your status level and that will be their preordained status for their entire life - No if's, no but's and NO complaining,

Currently you numbers would put you in a very low class, very low indeed - a typical role for someone of your worth will have you working aprox 85 hours per week in a smelly and or noisy and dangerous working environment, the best you could ever hope for with such a lowly status index would be a job as a man hole cover polisher, you would spend every working minute polishing the underside of the man hole covers, and so as for the better people to not accidentally see you, you will spend al day in the sewerage system polishing the underside of the man hole covers from the inside.

This is the real meanings of those numbers, as you can see if you look to the left I have attained just enough of a society index to place my self in the upper lower middle class, where I will probably be your boss, I will make life a living hell for you as my frustration's of life will be displaced unto the people below me.
edit on 5/1/2011 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

ahahahah ...Id say it was the other way around...look at your K score...maybe I'll use you as my ladder, I can sit on your shoulders while Im polishing the underside of man hole covers
edit on 6-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

oh and also how do you star someones post? Cant seem to find it anywhere

cheers
edit on 6-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

You can't star posts in this particular board, but in all of the others you will see something like this....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fa783eb9ccf.jpg[/atsimg]

All you do to star that post is to click on the blank star.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Part of the difference between "W" and "K" is the "W" is cumulative; it gets bigger as time goes on and you make more contributions.
Whereas "K" can also go down; I think part of the calculation involves dividing by the number of posts.
Every new member has a "K" of 20 at their first post, which goes down to 1 at their 20th post and presumably continues to go down unless they start getting stars etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
job done, thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Hi DISRAELI -

So, then, is a lower number better than a higher number for the K (Karma)?

Also, I'm not up for starting Threads at this time in my life as I'm authoring a book ... not really related to anything on this site ... so this site is a diversion away from my work.

The last thing I want to do is to start a Thread, especially when I'm basically sort of doing that all day, every day for my work.

Kind of like a Chef who enjoys cooking, but doesn't want to prepare/cook a meal when he gets home from work.

Do you think that affects the K?

Just curious ... not worried. J.A.N.A.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The official explanation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Yes, the higher number is supposed to be better.
I'm not an expert, but I remember from the original explanations that the "K" measurement, with an emphasis on stars, was introduced to reward people who write good things on other people's threads. It was felt that the "W" measurement, by giving value to flags, was weighted towards thread-starters.

So if you make a lot of comments which other people think are good, your "K" figure will go up, and if you make a lot of comments which people ignore the figure will go down again, thanks to the "divide by the number of posts" element which seems to be in the formula..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks to all those who provided some explanation
just joined rescently and been cracking my head open ever since over the meaning of the letters

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

lol what is a wat index ?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Is there any way to look up the W and K rankings overall?
I want to see just how useless I am. I mean looking at it , I seem pretty useless but I'd hate to think I'm the most useless person here.
Maybe like the third or fourth but the most useless? That'd suck.

Though I admit I'm pretty useless. Defiantly top five.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join