It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank issues bond denominated in Chinese yuan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

World Bank issues bond denominated in Chinese yuan

www.bbc.co.uk

The World Bank has issued its first bond denominated in the Chinese currency, joining a small but fast-growing market.

The yuan-denominated bond is being issued to promote the use of the Chinese currency in international markets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The shift in world power is starting to get more and more wind. Now that the Chinese are getting their currency used more and more, it will stimulate the value and it would possibly surpass the USD...

Their economy is booming and they don't seem to be losing any steam or looking back.

I wonder how this will affect the USD and the world's use of it in the next few years.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The chinese economy has been rising up for almost 20 years long.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ever00t

Yeah and just like everyone else it's a bubble made of imaginary numbers. China has been smart about it though, investing worthless numbers into hard assets like spare ghost cities and districts and housing. When the carbon con game finishes up, building will cost even more and the numbers to credit for it will be even more worthless.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I wonder how this will affect the USD and the world's use of it in the next few years.

few years ??? it won't take that long IMO.
Try a few months

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Its temporary.

The BIS in Europe after the collapse of Bretton Woods in the 1970s began using the European Unit of Account in 1975 for transactions between European central banks. In 1979 this was replaced by the European Currency Unit and then replaced by the Euro in 1999.

As of 2004, the BIS has used SDRs to value assets and in transactions between all global central banks.

In 2009, China began pushing for the SDR to become the world's reserve currency, replacing the US dollars role.

Sometime in the next ten years, probably after the collapse of the US dollar, the G-20 will push the SDR into becoming a Global Unit of Account.

Even though people may still use local currencies, their real value will be pegged to the GUA and thats what the banks will use in transfer, transactions, etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "BIS"?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I presume it stands for Bank for International Settlements.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "BIS"?

Magnum

Only the oldest and most powerful international bank on the planet. They report to no one, not the UN or the G-20. Its employees and their families have diplomatic immunity. Their property in Switzerland is treated as an independent sovereign territory. Their FSB, Financial Stability Board, established at the London G-20 summit, has in effect been guiding the G-20 and the global finanicial system since 2009.

For some reason its rarely if ever mentioned on ATS.

The Bank for International Settlements, "The Central Bank for Central Banks".
www.bis.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

I had no idea they existed. I guess every bank needs a lender... lol... Then that means that they basically own (due to loans and such) every single bank in the world...

IE: Royal Bank of Canada deals with a central bank, who deals with the BIS...

They essentially own the world's money... If I understand properly...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The feds print papers while China plays with the exchange numbers. How more screwed up can the IMF get?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

They could literally say "the buck stops here" and it wouldn't be an exaggeration at all.

Thats why I say the bonds are only a temporary issue.

The thing to keep an eye on is if the US raises its debt ceiling this year. If they fail to do so, the US will default on its debts and the US dollar will collapse this year. Keep in mind most of the US debt is to the Federal Reserve not China, who actually holds less than 10%.

The big push by the G-20 for a Global Unit of Account will probably start as soon as the US debt ceiling fails to rise. The Republicans have made the debt ceiling into a political issue and are trying to use it as leverage against the President.
edit on 5/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The last thing the Chinese need is a poor economy in the rest of the developed world.

We are the reason for their booming economy.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I've always wondered what would happen if the world banks would just completely void all debts, sort of like press a reset button... Even everything off and start from scratch... No debt anywhere...

I truly wonder the consequence...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So they are the douche bags responsible for running the planet into the ground?

I'd like to know more!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
China is allowing the yuan to be devalued along with the US dollar, meaning they are in on the scam. This type of ponzi scheme is only possible if you own every central bank in the world. That is proof there is a secretive elite.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

They would lose all control of the system and total pandemonium, the war of all against all, would probably follow.

Even though most people don't realize it or want to realize it, "They" in their own way keep Chaos at bay.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I've always wondered what would happen if the world banks would just completely void all debts, sort of like press a reset button... Even everything off and start from scratch... No debt anywhere...

I truly wonder the consequence...

You are listed as collateral on some of that debt. global debt could be wiped clean but it would redraw countries borders. We may have to learn mandarin.

top topics

join