It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US worried by 'trend' of Christian attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth
The timing of the US concern seems suspicious to me, coinciding with the Pope's Jan. 1 address mentioned in this thread Pope calls Christians the most persecuted
The US didn't much care about the Christian East Timorese while supplying arms to Indonesia's elite forces.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I find it weird that the government would respond like this. I mean it just confirms to Muslims the "us and them". That this is a religious war which is why he is now concerned.

Doesn't make sense really this far into the conflict. Maybe he is trying to stir the pot? Get some impetus going.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

4 Israelis Die-

the President Himself Denounces it.

Declaring it a “senseless slaughter” President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke standing side-by-side from White House colonnade today to denounce the killing of four Israelis in the West Bank on Tuesday.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Obama himself denounces Muslim terrorist Deaths in Iran

Obama (full text below) called the bombings "disgraceful and cowardly,"

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

C'mon, man....

Don't let your dislike of the Vatican cloud your judgement.

The President himself denounced!
The articles I cited aren't "denouncing" squat.
They are "concerned"....
Gee, thanks, Obama, for being concerned for the religious majority of your countrymen who are concerned for those who share their faith overseas, pal.

Furthermore, the Pope said "Christians".... not "Catholics".
edit on 5-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: added thoughts

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That's rare The American government usually supports Muslim terrorists and there groups, like they did in the Balkans, rather then supporting the serbs in Kovoso they preferred the Albanians whom are hardcore believers, not to mention they support turkey.

One could also blame it on the Russians lol!

Yanks chose the Muslims as buffer to Russian influence over Serbs in the Balkans.

Serbs were the major power until recently.

Still you are right...... USA through its actions did help create a Muslim power base in the Europe

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

i do not think you are at all wrong, i think you got it right, now if the rest of us would see the writing on the wall.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

C'mon, man....

Don't let your dislike of the Vatican cloud your judgement.

The President himself denounced!
The articles I cited aren't "denouncing" squat.
They are "concerned"....
Gee, thanks, Obama, for being concerned for the religious majority of your countrymen who are concerned for those who share their faith overseas, pal.

Furthermore, the Pope said "Christians".... not "Catholics".

I'm missing your point here, I'm afraid. You link to the slaying of Israeli settlers on Palestinian land.

OKay, I just got it. Denounce the killing of illegal settlers standing in way of two states. Denounce killings carried out by previously CIA equipped dissidents in Iran, but show "concern for" innocent Christians being killed. OK, I get it now. I'm slow sometimes.

And it's not the Prez, but spokesman for State Dept.

edit on 5-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
C'mon guys, get off the blue pills.

With whats been happening around the world, more should know by now that there are beasts using diversive tactics such as religion which is the comfort and solace for many , twisting it to fit their own lust for power.

Their followers were youths and fathers whom had fallen on the wayside due to their leaders failure in economic management and now used by senile old men whom had failed in their lifetime, seeking to achieve their delusions of self granduer, causing brother to kill brother.

Take the red pill and go for the root cause and perpetrators, bring them to light so that all may see these animals' darkness.
edit on 5-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Really, this thread is about the government acknowledging the killings of Christians, finally.

I really don't want to descend into ideological arguments over religion.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Funny how the u.s overlooks the large numbers of muslims its killed in those areas of the world since 2001. Along with all the muslims slaughtered by its good friend israel over the years.. But guess thats allright as none of those people killed were christian. All life is valuable and nothing justifies killing.
All sides are in the wrong. The western god must be proud of all his followers slaughtering each other over petty little differences in how to worship him..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I think the world has become a great Muslim sympathizer, my friend.
Take a good look around.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But really, what we're dealing with is great power politics. The Copts aren't major players on the US geopolitical field, neither are the Iraqi Chaldean, Assyrian, or Syriac Christians. In pre-US occupation Iraq, the Christians were partners in the Baathist regime. Thanks to de-baathification, the Christians were left as "not friends" politically.

I still think that the US would not be showing much concern for these politically insignificant groups if not for the Pope's mention of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I really don't think the US is showing sympathy for specific Christian "groups",
I think they are expressing concern for Christians in areas overseas in general terms
that are in areas that are not particularly "friendly".

Because they happen to be these groups is what it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You are aware that Jews world-wide have been stigmatized by and suffered because of the crimes of the so-called Jewish State of Israel. I don't think that Christians world-wide should be singled out for US concern. If I were a Christian from a tradition that stretched way back to before the US existed, I would not appreciate being blamed for and suffering for the crimes of the US.

The US would do well to acknowledge that Christianity is not a US commodity, that Christianity can and does exist even if the US didn't exist. Please do not expose world-wide Christians to anti-American backlash. It is wrong to have them suffer for American crimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

I think the world has become a great Muslim sympathizer, my friend.
Take a good look around.

Keep thinking Im missing something as from what understand .. Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same god.. Yet throughout history theyve slaughtered each other and continue to do so.. But theyre god tells them not to kill. Never did make sense..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

yes it would have been much easier for the creator to list all of his/her names, god, Allah, Jehovah,[the one that is not spoken- the sound that wind makes starts with Y], the grate grand father, mother earth, buda how many names does he have?????? , i know just one GOD. yes their is one god but with many names is that so hard to, say, see, hear, and under stand ??? for some it is, and it is wow just wow the US is saying something about this. the world must be ending.

edit on 5-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join