It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay off the federal debt - sell Alaska

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It would be much more feasible and logical to defund the health care bill, get rid of the federal reserve, have the US declare bankruptcy and impeach Obama. There, problem solved.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is ridiculous!

We're a SUPPOSED "Empire" let's just give all of our conquered territory!

Like the Philippines oops gave that back um how about Japan? Nope, sorry we gave that back too. Oh I know, Germany is doing great we'll give up our 1/3
No, can't do that they are unified and independent. Aha! Iraq! Nah we are leaving I guess that leaves Afghanistan and South Korea.

We'll have to pay somebody to take that baggage.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How do you know the government has not been spending its tax payer dollars developing anti gravity technology which it is now prepared to release a dumbed down version of and pay off the US debt overnight? thanks for the funding China...

SlyF

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I say Texas merely to try and dump our biggest liability a.k.a. the Bush family.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
lol Sell Alaska, you people are bad. Lets sell Mexico to Canada, do you guys think they would have a problem with that or..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

We don't live in the 1870s. Also, allowing private citizens/corporations to buy that land invites all types of potential problems, such as more pollution and sprawl once that land is exploited.

No thanks.

Just sell Alaska and the Palins into servitude to say, Russia.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

So, you enjoy getting screwed by private insurance companies?

Keep the bill as-is but make it so that those who enjoy paying premiums through the roof, can continue to do, independent of the health care plan.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe instead of giving Bank of America a parking ticket, the Gov should have bankrupted their asses today, and paid off most of the deficit....

Fannie Deal With BofA Faulted by Waters as ‘Giveaway’

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae may have shortchanged taxpayers when the U.S.-owned firms settled loan disputes with Bank of America Corp. for $2.8 billion rather than demanding more funds, Representative Maxine Waters said.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by schuyler

I would prefer to sell California, myself.

NO! NO! SELL Washington DC complete with the lobbyists and politicians!.... AND their ill gotten money.

Yeah, but then how will we pay for the other 99.999% of the remaining debt?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If the US was serious about cutting it's debt it would close most overseas military bases and bring everyone home and end the useless wars!

I've heard Ron Paul say that the Empire overseas cost about $1 Trillion/year excluding the cost of the wars. Cut the defense budget a tad. I'm not saying gut it but trim down the spending until the economy gets going. With all the unemployed the Gov't isn't going to be getting much from them this year. Of course the companies are doing their usual tricks and paying as little as possible also.

The tax rate for the rich is a non-issue in terms of income tax. Most of their wealth comes from investments and that tax rate is quite low.

If Canada waits a little longer we might be able to buy it real cheap when the US dollar is worthless and it is looking more likely unless swift action being undertaken.

Interesting year 2011 looks to be.(my best yoda)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

On a serious note, that is the only way to do it -- Control spending. What are we doing with bases all over the world? We can easily send troops in a day anywhere in the world if we actually needed to. I have buddies in nuclear subs and the like that dont surface for a few months at a time and guys on bases all over the place. Sure it is great to teach the new bloods on the battle field, but is the battle field the only way to train in the 21st century? What if we left the world police job up to someone else for a few years?

SlyF

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join