It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missle launch off Padre Island National Seashore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Saw this on the local news: www.kiiitv.com...

From the angle of the video it is hard to tell where it originated, calls to local Naval Air Stations said no jets were launched and the commander(?) from NAS Kingsville said he saw it too but had no idea what it could be, but I don't recall seeing it and I live about 30mi from where the footage was shot, and am usually outside. Anyone heard anything about this?
edit on 1/4/11 by I.C. Weiner because: forgot stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here we go again!!!! Wonder if there is something coming that we are tring to shoot down from.....space????

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Turning out to be quite a news day. Epicdemic hazard declared in Arkansas, reports coming in left and right of thousands of birds falling out of the sky and crashing into people's houses across North America, now this... It's only 7 in the morning over here... geesh.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Alien Invasion?
Sorry,someone had to say it

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Hello, U.C. Wiener.

I am eager to see the video, but it doesn't load for me when I am on the linked site.

Is there a conspiracy here?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So much and just 4 days into 2011. Earth is probably really gonna change.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pretty good video

s&f for you

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Again...one of the slowest missles EVER.

It's another jet contrail...even in the video you can tell that towards the end they are filiming almost directly over head.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yup, are people getting stupider these days or what?

It's a freaking contrail!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yup, are people getting stupider these days or what?

It's a freaking contrail!!!

you making that statement from the video shown shows just how close minded you are to the subject, there is no possible way to know one way or the other from the video shown, altho i would think the people on the beach could tell if it was actually going up or moving over them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmm.

I guess we can only speculate.

Was it a missle? I don't know, neither do you.

Was it a contrail? I don't know, neither do you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yep, it's blatantly a contrail on a calm day, it's not a missile, too narrow, it's not a chemtrail as they are a work of fiction, and this is going to turn into another 100-200 page thread of people arguing the toss over it.

It's starting to all get a bit silly now to be honest.

Let the debate commence...........
edit on 4/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All along the gulf coast, everyone is watching the skys these days. Do you know why? Because about 7 months ago the FAA apparently moved All air traffic inland. Now all day long we see jets of all makes and models making their east / west passage over our towns and work places. So if anything I think we are getting more experienced with arial phenomenon, not less.

So I see several hundred contrails a day now, as does everyone else. To all you flight 808's out there. when a particular contrail actually makes the local news. then maybe give the witness the benefit before you assume how stupid they are.

YOU WERE NOT THERE!! how can you just say jet contrail.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: uuuh?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Aw, geez. More people who cannot grasp the concept of visual perspective in a third-dimensional curved space.
Do people just think they should stop learning after they reach adulthood or what? They must, and many seem to forget anything they learned in school, too.
Amazing, annoying, and sad.
edit on 4-1-2011 by stars15k because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2011 by stars15k because: deficiency of caffiene.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I see contrails all the time, was not aware they moved flight traffic inward though. I live near the small local airport too, and coast guard routinely flies around training and stuff, but that thing was moving too fast to be a jet...to be going that fast and leave a contrail like that would not make sense....Since I live nearby I will try to find the person who made the video.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Yep, it's blatantly a contrail on a calm day, it's not a missile, too narrow, it's not a chemtrail as they are a work of fiction, and this is going to turn into another 100-200 page thread of people arguing the toss over it.

It's starting to all get a bit silly now to be honest.

Let the debate commence...........
edit on 4/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Let me re-word that for you. It was blatantly NOT a AIRPLANE contrail. A contrail would spread out evenly, being narrow at the tip and spreading out behind it as the particles disperse through the air from humidity. It is doing this slightly but not enough to indicate a jumbo jet. You can tell by how slow the contrail is spreading out that this thing is moving much faster than a airplane.

Considering the MUCH better perspective than the one off Cali, I would say that is NOT an airplane. The Cali one was debatable, but this is much closer to the viewer, enabling a better diagnosis.

I live under multiple flight paths, being 3 miles from Dulles Airport. I've seen contrails stretch from horizon to horizon. This thing is CLEARLY, CLEARLY vertical, and not from an airplane...

Now, what size was this rocket / missile? Do model rockets leave contrails such as this? I do know that with very large model rockets, you have to notify your local airport so as to not scare them when they find something on radar that shouldn't be there...

edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: typos

edit on 4-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Thank you, as I stated in the OP it is difficult to determine where it was launched from but you can clearly see it IS vertical. I heard something about it coming out of the Gulf of Mexico, not sure though.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll just pitch in my opinion here: just a contrail from a jet flying DIRECTLY towards them and then over them.

The lady in the video said they had been watching it for several minutes, which means it MUST be a plane.

A missile/rocket would have disappeared from their view after just 2 minutes.

The man even admits he couldn't judge how far away it was...hmmm, but he could determine it was a rocket?

Funny how that works. This guy is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Another thing...given it's height, the contrail should not be that straight, unless it was moving very fast. The higher you go into the atmosphere, the higher the wind speed. The earth has multiple layers of atmosphere that exhibit different properties. Even on a calm day at ground level, you can still have savage winds in high altitude, even with no clouds.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If this was "just" a contrail. Then why has the FAA not come out and said oh there was a plane in the area at the time. And if you watch the video there is the last person in the video that said he saw it and did not know what it was. I am just wondering if we are at war with someone or something and we just don't know it yet.

Crash

top topics

<<   2 >>

join