It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New & Incredible! Mars Spirit Rover - Images Of Huge Base Station on Mars! You Have 2 See This!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I see it now, thanx. I feel rather stupid.

No worries -- It can happen to the best of us!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyIdiocy4

Here's an example of a raw image vs a shopped(by me) image.The partial(cropping) highlights the exact problem people wer having seeing the clamps on the mirror as buildings or structures.But the faces are my personal interest.If that is a face reflected in the mirror,with other smaller faces,then how can we NOT see the same faces straight ahead,since we know it IS A MIRROR. Can it be that these pics have been tampered with to extricate any faces or signs of life? Why would NASA smokescreen any faces?So you have faces that appear in a MIRROR,but not straight ahead.Which is reality and which is fake? www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Amazingly, I downloaded some of this or a similar series of pictures from the NASA website just the other day and noticed some similar objects in some of the pictures. I am not convinced that the robot builders purposefully obscured the camera. I have no Idea what the scene depicts but the upper portion of the picture does not represent a manufactured visor or a reflection of the rover. I Used Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo to enhance and analyze this picture. I corrected for 120 degrees of fish eye distortion the scene changes. Now instead of the open terrain perceived with the fish eye lens we find the camera facing an impassable wall. What we are looking at is the bowl of a crater but the bowl is very smooth like a concrete dam on earth. Artificial objects appear to be on a roadway protected by a guardrail. cid-eccda10c8c48ac82.photos.live.com.../ECCDA10C8C 48AC82!244

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

No sorry, the "it's been proven as a fake" doesn't cut it. Please supply a link to such "proof". Fake or Hoax doesn't really do NASA justice. Sure their photos are of such poor quality as to be an embarrassment but they are "real" pictures. Yes the descriptions, scales, and colors are often wrong or "false" but NASA can flood you in reasons for the confusion that a reasonable person suffers when examining their science. So the reasonable person must decide what is what by examining the evidence available to him or her with the tools at one's disposal.

I clarified and corrected this picture for the fish eye lens, the rover apparently has come to a large smooth wall.
Rover Corrected for fish eye lens and enhanced

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayworld

A reminder.

edit on 6/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayworld
...No sorry, the "it's been proven as a fake" doesn't cut it. Please supply a link to such "proof". Fake or Hoax doesn't really do NASA justice. ...

Well, it's not a hoax or fake -- it's real. However, it's only a real part of the rover.

Here is definite proof (which I already pasted back on page 2 of this thread) that clearly shows the object in question is simply a part of the rover overhanging the rear hazcam, and it appears in EVERY rear hazcam image (thousands of them).

This is from my post on page 2:

edit on 6/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just marking this Thread...... Syx.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: VeniVidi

Looks very much like a building / colosseum and an alien ship resting off to the right side of it... There's plenty of ruins, statuary, and the glass water tubes, etc. Mars is NOT uninhabited...

There are six different species that live and work there. We have 600,000 troops as part of our civilian protectors, as well as members of our back-engineered Space Navy...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: adigregorio

Of course the TROLLS are calling it a hoax... Makes me want to see it ALL THE MORE!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: maceov
a reply to: adigregorio

Of course the TROLLS are calling it a hoax... Makes me want to see it ALL THE MORE!!!

You can see it as much as you want, but it will still NOT be a "Huge Base Station on Mars". It's just part of the rover.

As mentioned several times, this GIF (below) clearly shows the object in question is simply a part of the rover overhanging the rear hazcam, and it appears in EVERY rear hazcam image (thousands of them).

The below GIF is 15 of those THOUSANDS of rear hazcam images that include the "hood" overhanging the rear of the rover.

edit on 8/19/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join