It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Orders Oklahoma Bank to Remove Crosses , Bible Verses and Christmas Buttons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Where does a privately owned bank have the power to tell another privately owned bank to remove
all vestiges of Chritianity from its premise and web sites?

It seems the Federal Reserve has granted itself unyielding power over the Banking comunity,
not surprising really ; when we have a Congress that has recently granted itself power to
ignore the Constitution with the passage of the forced healthcare bill we will all have to deal with soon.

What's to keep the government from invading our homes and dictate what religion we can practice
and what can be displayed, if running a business from your home.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Oi, what a farce! I am not Christian and I am still offended by this rediculous move. The Fed does NOT have this authority and the bank should not have complied.

This is yet another example of private corporations enforcing their own set of laws using the power of the wallet.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I checked their web site and found the following update:

www.paynecountybank.com...
edit on 12-25-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
for what it is worth...i applaud the decision, banking and christianity SHOULD HAVE NOTHING in common. and if you do not know why...you need to do some independant research.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I mean, it's their home. Their bank, just some slogans on a website. Now, if it were having to say a prayer to get your money, that would be making headline news. No harm displaying that you are a christian.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

you know what, i am open about not being a fan of the religions that follow what we know as 'the Bible'

but christmas really isn't 'offensive' to me, i think people just need to grow some thicker skin

top topics

join