It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are all the major Star Trek speices (24th Century)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What are all the major Star Trek alien species in the Milky Way Galaxy in the 24th Century?
I'm not looking for an exhaustive list of every alien species that ever showed up in a Star Trek TV show or movie -- aliens of minor or negligible influence in galactic politics, otherwise known as "aliens of the week" that are seen in one episode only and are never mentioned again, don't concern me.
Primarily I'm looking for the aliens that have major political entities in the Galaxy (Federations, Empires, etc.) and were also 'fleshed out' on the Star Trek TV shows and movies... or, at the very least, are very popular among Star Trek fans.

Well, here's the list as I have it so far. Please help me complete the list!

Home planets (when the name is known) is put in parenthesees next to the name of the species. [Note: Humans are known as Terrans, and their home planet as Terra, to most other species in the Galaxy.]

1. The Federation of Planets
...a. Humans (Earth)
...b. Vulcans (Vulcan)
...c. Andorians (Andor)
...d. Tellarites (Tellar)
...e. Betazoids (Betazed)
...f. Trill (Trill)
...g. Bolians
...h. Benzites
...i. Xindi
......1. Xindi Reptilians
......2. Xindi Insectoids
......3. Xindi Aquatics
......4. Xindi Primates
......5. Xindi Aborreals
...j. Suliban (?)

Am I missing any major Federation members?

2. Klingon Empire
...a. Klingons (Quo'nos)

3. Romulan Empire
...a. Romulans (Romulus)
...b. Remans (Remus)

4. Cardassian Union
...a. Cardassians (Cardassia Prime)

5. Ferengi Alliance
...a. Ferengi (Ferenginar)

6. Breen Confederacy
...a. Breen

7. Tholian Assembly
...a. Tholians (Tholia)

8. Gorn Hedgemony
...a. Gorn

9. Borg Collective
...a. Borg (no known home world; not an individual species per se)

10. The Dominion
...a. Changelings (aka Shapeshifters, or Founders)
...b. Vorta
...c. Jem'Hadar

11. Species 8472 (no formal name known)

12. Hirogen

13. Kazon Nistrum (Does anyone know how many species make up the Kazon, or how they are organized?)

A final note: I'm listing species and their home planets here, not every planet, moon, and starbase that each individual species owns. For example, even though Earth itself is a member of the Federation, there many planet & moon colonies and starbases which either fall under Earth's jurisdiction, or are seperate governments who are also members of the Federation...

Thanks for the help!

[Edited on 7/6/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iknow they arent quite what you are talking about, but they dont get enough respect!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iknow they arent quite what you are talking about, but they dont get enough respect!

Well, the good ol' Tribbles are extinct by the 24th Century... the Klingon Empire went to their home world and destroyed the surface of the planet! Seeing as they were a problem for everyone, this was the only genocide in history that the Federation had no objections too...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Kazon...big part in Voyager....nope you got them...
The Bajorans...DS9
The Tylaxians

And since when were the Xindi part of the Federation??

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Well, the good ol' Tribbles are extinct by the 24th Century... the Klingon Empire went to their home world and destroyed the surface of the planet! Seeing as they were a problem for everyone, this was the only genocide in history that the Federation had no objections too...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They werent a problem....I wouldhave taken them. they were so much fun!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
The Kazon...big part in Voyager
The Bajorans...DS9

And since when were the Xindi part of the Federation??

How could I forget the Bajorans?
Should they be counted as Federation members by now? As the Dominion War on DS9 was coming to a close, the Bajoran government was getting ready to join the Federation...

Daniels told Captain Archer in an episode of 'Enterprise' that in his future, the Xindi are all members of the Federation.
Which does explain why the Xindi are not standouts in the other Star Trek series...

BTW, nice link. It does have a lot of "aliens of the week" listed though...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Vidiians

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nausicans (big spiky chin fang carnivours)

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hmmm... I don't think we can consider the Naussicans a species of major importance. They're nomadic warriors like the Klingons, but... there is no Naussican Empire. I doubt they hold much territory outside of their home solar system. Or that they'd care to. They're just basically a thuggish species who likes to start fights with others... in other words, they're Klingon wannabes.

I didn't start watching Star Trek: Voyager until Season 4, when the Borg made their big appearance, as well as the Hirogen and Species 8472. Someone please fill me in on the Kazon and the Vidiians. What makes them major species?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What about Q. Does he count as an alien species?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
What about Q. Does he count as an alien species?

Good question!
I don't know. It seems like noncorporeal species with great power like the Q Continuum, the "wormhole aliens" known to the Bajorans as the "Prophets" and "Pah Wraiths", and the "caretakers" fall into a category all their own...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What About Mr. Ohm? Mrs. Troy's Manservant? LOL :w:

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Tamarians!

AKA the children of Tama.

Temarc. The river temarc.

DE

new topics

top topics