It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillbilly Holidays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some of you might be wondering what us good old boys down south do for Christmas eve don't ya?

We do things a little bit different, ya see

First its' no ham for us on the big day-- we have a fat old goose. Pretty good, stuffed with cornbread and cranberries.

For dessert we have a "chess pie'-- if ya aint' never had one your missing out

We have our drinks-- this starts early in the day gettin us ready for the night. It dont' matter if its' wine or schnapps just as long as it gets ya loaded.

We open ALL our presents to each other on Christmas eve (that way when ya wake up next morning with your hangover ya dont' have to get outta bed until noon).

We might watch a few movies and have a coupla beers after dinner. That's always fun.

The night usually ends like this: me shooting my gun in the backyard (Rod HATES when I do that) up into the sky then passing out.

So what do YOU do to celebrate the Christmas eve??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a03e3980526d.jpg[/atsimg]

Happy holidays,
Ronnie, your best internet buddy

edit on 23-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

I am curious as to what that is , would you mind elaborating?

TIA,

~meathead

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic

I am curious as to what that is , would you mind elaborating?

TIA,

~meathead

Here ya go guy from some place called wickipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
On christmas we get loaded,watch jerry springer,and then head out to the local dumpsters for dinner

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That actually sounds pretty tastey,,,thanks for the link.

I hope you have a Very Happy Holidays and a wonderful new year friend.

The night usually ends like this: me shooting my gun in the backyard (Rod HATES when I do that) up into the sky then passing out.

Be safe with the red ryder though , I dont want to see you making a thread here about how you shot your eye out..

Best Wishes,

~meathead

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well where I come from, well previously lived for most of my life, we would always have parties at someones trailer.

Outside, around a fire, people drinking, other shooting pool, or just chatting, some inside playing video games. People would get in their trucks and speed around the neighborhood, up and down the street, ride four-wheelers, dirt bikes. Everyone would bring their own food to contribute, you must bring at least two dishes. Usually we had ham and turkey, cranberries, eggnog, pies, cakes, biscuits, the hard-core southerners would bring gator to eat (yuk!).

Now I just sit at home for the holiday's, waiting to see my old friends posting pics on their facebook of the party, which they always do.

Some falling out drunk, sometimes drunks started to fight, people hooking up, etc...

It's the Southern way to celebrate the holidays.

It was just another ordinary holiday on the dirt road. Sheesh I miss those days. But this holiday season I will be sitting at home and just having a simple dinner whilst watching TV.

God bless the Dirt Road Rebels!

Well now that I think about it maybe I will go by there once the car is fixed.

edit on 12/23/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That sounds cool. Hey, what's Santa doing in the pic? It looks like he's hung over and puking down the chimney.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Hey, what's Santa doing in the pic? It looks like he's hung over and puking down the chimney.

He is
(hardy har har)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Sounds fun , but please dont hit Santa !

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for everybuddies replies and good Christmas wishes

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well your house and my house would get along great until the dog kills the pet possum and a somebody goes on cryin' jag because they've been misunderstood since the last gunfight /knifefight/attempted vehicular homicide

Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
the dog kills the pet possum

Hardy har har-- sounds like my cousin Toms house
excepts hes' got two raccoons.

But look whos taking, I got me a pet turkey that my roommate, Rod, refuses to killer for supper. Wimp

Have a happy holidays.

edit on 24-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

you too inchworm! I'm the one with the possums and also the one famous for throwing drunken bashes but that was back in the day I love good old Hillbilly food for Christmas especially the goose for which I might add I am famous!

ummm roast goose best Christmas delicacy ever!

new topics

top topics

join