It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM Predicts Holographic Calls, Air-Breathing Batteries by 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

By 2015, your mobile phone will project a 3-D image of anyone who calls and your laptop will be powered by kinetic energy. At least that’s what International Business Machines Corp. sees in its crystal ball.

The predictions are part of an annual tradition for the Armonk, New York-based company, which surveys its 3,000 researchers to find five ideas expected to take root in the next five years. IBM, the world’s largest provider of computer services, looks to Silicon Valley for input, gleaning many ideas from its Almaden research center in San Jose, California.

Holographic conversations, projected from mobile phones, lead this year’s list. The predictions also include air- breathing batteries, computer programs that can tell when and where traffic jams will take place, environmental information generated by sensors in cars and phones, and cities powered by the heat thrown off by computer servers.

Although 10 years ago, I would have assumed we would already have these... It is about time that Technology takes another leap. I assume that in the next 5 to 10 years we are going to increase our tech ten fold

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Zinc-air batteries have been around for a while. A search on zinc-air batteries will show manufacturers and applications.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Meh, I remember imagining things 15 years ago that seemed likely to be introduced within the next 2-3. All this time later and only some of them have been realized. There are obviously individuals with large sphere's of influence which keep humanity technologically oppressed. I honestly don't think much will change in the next five years....out in the public sector. Especially since the world will be facing true economic collapse by that time. As for the wicked black ops crazyness?? Yeah baby, the hive mind will be out of testing phase and you'll be seeing for real zombies (mindless idiots) everywhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Do you know what?

I don't care if you call me a Luddite,but I could run my life quite happily before all this garbage came along,
I do not need augmented reality,holograms,RFID,GMOs,air breathing batteries or whatever.

Give me a DIY shelter,bow and arrow,camp fire,hunting and gathering over our approaching technopalypse any day.

OK I am a Luddite,and happy to be one.

Happy Christmas.

top topics

join