It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skype Outage Could Affect Millions, Company Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Skype Outage Could Affect Millions, Company Says

news.yahoo.com

Angie Mohr Angie Mohr – 29 mins ago
Contribute content like this. Start here.

Skype reported a widespread outage on its Twitter account Wednesday. In typical understated fashion, according to the company's tweets, "Some of you may have problems signing in to Skype -- we're investigating, and we're sorry for the disruption to your conversations." Skype is known for releasing information and announcements through Twitter, including outages and service disruption
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com
chicagobreakingbusiness.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
personally more then anything this is a huge annoyence to me and im sure many others out there who this is currently effecting ....

and it has interrupted the show tonight too ....

i hope they get it all sorted out soon but lately as of last night even it was really bad and tonight its out period .

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He told BBC News: "We take outages like this really seriously and apologise for the inconvenience users are having. "Right now it looks like clients are coming on and offline and sometimes they are crashing in the middle of calls. We are deep in the middle of investigating the cause of the problem and have teams working hard to remedy the situation. He did not rule out the possibility that Skype had been the victim of a cyber attack and said the company was exploring all possibilities.

updated from yesterday

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So use tinychat or some other webcam service. There are a number of them out there and most of them are better than skype anyways. Why is this news?

edit: nevermind. I thought this was about p2p chat.
edit on 12/23/2010 by darklife because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join