It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Hit part of the Midlands UK Snow (My Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Never in my 18 years of existence on this Earth have i seen such deep snow in my hometown, maybe on the Hills but not here.

A further 20cm of Snow fell last night throughout Worcester and the Midlands with Worcester being hit the hardest, as i type this further heavy snow is falling outside, my parents say they can't remember the last time it snowed like this.

The local news are saying its the coldest December for 100 years, with night time temperatures reaching -20 and daytime tempratures not getting above -8.

This is a truly incredible situation.
Some videos i took this morning before the heavy snow started.

This is how it started on the weekend!

This was what it was like this morning

Never have we had so much snow for so long and in such a short time, usually Worcester misses the snow as we are surrounding by the Welsh Mountains and the Malvern Hills and the snow breaks up before it hits us, but this time its different

edit on 22-12-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just snow - not even a lot of snow. If you had lived through 1963 or even the forties in the UK then you would know what a lot of snow was.

It is the mild winters we have had over the last 30 plus years which have been unusual and the exception and not the rule not the snowy winters.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Agreed, I remember a really heavy snowfall in the late 80's. I was quite young then but I do remember that the snow was so heavy, it pulled telegraph lines and power lines down.
It was literally a blackout, no one had electricity. The shops were using candles!

Anyway, the only thing unusual about the recent weather is that December was the coldest on record...

We used to often get snow like that in January and February.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have to be honest.. I do not understand what people are alarmed about.

I grew up in Philadelphia. The last time I was in Philadelphia, there was a huge snowstorm which literally shut down the whole city. A total of 5 feet of snow fell. To put that into perspective, 1 foot of snow is equal to 30.48 cm. This was in the mid to late 1990's. So I do not understand why anyone would think under a foot of snow is alarming in any way.

20 cm is equal to 7 inches of snow. That is far from alarming.
edit on 20-1-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

join