It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Begins: Attorny General warns of threat from Radical Citizens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Mr Rodgers said that?

Just kidding.

AH... "On War". Some romantic observations by the author huh? Used as curriculum by US military leaders. Can you answer me an honest question now?

Why are these US leaders so fond of a book that tries to justify war as a natural occurrence in some areas? If you said because they get a paycheck from promoting the line of work they are involved in, then you are correct!

Organized murder will never be right no matter what man made book you quote. Try to look into your heart for answers. Maybe it should bleed a little more?

edit on 5-1-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
reply to post by 46ACE

Mr Rodgers said that?

Just kidding.

AH... "On War". Some romantic observations by the author huh? Used as curriculum by US military leaders. Can you answer me an honest question now?

Why are these US leaders so fond of a book that tries to justify war as a natural occurrence in some areas? If you said because they get a paycheck from promoting the line of work they are involved in, then you are correct!

Organized murder will never be right no matter what man made book you quote. Try to look into your heart for answers. Maybe it should bleed a little more?

edit on 5-1-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

If you are so against organized murder ( and who isn't?) perhaps you might want to rethink giving communism a "pass" as reasonable?? which was the point of my post...
edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: "as" changed to "a" to improve grammar...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Note that I completed this study in November 1993 while still engaged in collecting democide data. Not all the democide totals I mention here may be complete, therefore. For final figures on communist megamurderers, see my summary Table 1.2 in my Death by Government. For all final estimates, see the summary table in Statistics of Democide

With the passing of communism into history as an ideological alternative to democracy it is time to do some accounting of its human costs.

Your quote: " communism has never been a threat to anybody"

[i emphasis mine:"]
Few would deny any longer that communism--Marxism-Leninism and its variants--meant in practice bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal gulags and forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and show trials, and genocide. It is also widely known that as a result millions of innocent people have been murdered in cold blood. Yet there has been virtually no concentrated statistical work on what this total might be.

For about eight years I have been sifting through thousands of sources trying to determine the extent of democide (genocide and mass murder) in this century. As a result of that effort** I am able to give some conservative figures on what is an unrivaled communist hecatomb, and to compare this to overall world totals.

First, however, I should clarify the term democide. It means for governments what murder means for an individual under municipal law. It is the premeditated killing of a person in cold blood, or causing the death of a person through reckless and wanton disregard for their life. Thus, a government incarcerating people in a prison under such deadly conditions that they die in a few years is murder by the state--democide--as would parents letting a child die from malnutrition and exposure be murder. So would government forced labor that kills a person within months or a couple of years be murder. So would government created famines that then are ignored or knowingly aggravated by government action be murder of those who starve to death. And obviously, extrajudicial executions, death by torture, government massacres, and all genocidal killing be murder. However, judicial executions for crimes that internationally would be considered capital offenses, such as for murder or treason (as long as it is clear that these are not fabricated for the purpose of executing the accused, as in communist show trials), are not democide. Nor is democide the killing of enemy soldiers in combat or of armed rebels, nor of noncombatants as a result of military action against military targets.

With this understanding of democide, Table 1 lists all communist governments that have committed any form of democide and gives their estimated total domestic and foreign democide and its annual rate (the percent of a government's

More of the study of communist "megamurders:at:
www.hawaii.edu...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I don't want to give communism a pass.
Instead, lets try human compassionism and call out political science for the oxymoron it really is.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Who warns the people about our government? I do know that Dywight Eisenhower felt strongly enough to make nation wide speach warning the people about the military industrial mongster . JFK also warned us about the Bilderbergs although not naming them . The Bilderberg Group is our government now .

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join