It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture and time lapse video of 2010 lunar eclipse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Beautiful and eerie video of the 12/21/2010 lunar eclipse for those of us who were under cloudy skies last night.

Here's the article: Lunar eclipse

And, here's the video:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Beauuuutiful! Gutted I missed it, but thanks for sharing the video!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nice. I missed it last night. I was in the UK and it was only supposed to be partial here anyway, so I didn't bother. Imagine what it looked like from the surface of the moon. That would be beautiful.
edit on 21/12/2010 by HexagonSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you so much for posting this! I wanted to watch it last night around 1:33 AM EST but it was cloudy where I am at. Truly amazing, and also on the winter solstice.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HexagonSun
Nice. I missed it last night. I was in the UK and it was only supposed to be partial here anyway, so I didn't bother. Imagine what it looked like from the surface of the moon. That would be beautiful.

Here's an artist's rendition of what an eclipse might look like from the Moon:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thanks for that, it was raining cats and dogs all night up here in the maritimes, so pissed I couldn't see it myself.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing this, I missed it too.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wanted to join in thanking you for putting this up.....I was hoping someone would.
Very lovely, and the music is perfect. Awesome.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

thanks for the video,I went outside last night at around twelve-thirty and the moon was gorgeous it had a beautiful halo around it and was straight above my head it kind of looked like lamplight.I fell asleep and woke up at almost 2 and watched the rest of the eclipse.It was well worth the loss of sleep,you can't imagine how beautiful it is until you watch it live.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by HexagonSun

Here's an artist's rendition of what an eclipse might look like from the Moon:

That's cool, thanks for that

I would have thought you'd be able to see more detail in Earth, but maybe not.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is some more I found on Wired.Com

Reader Photos: Lunar Eclipse Solstice Special
www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Watched the entire thing from my yard (and window when I got cold). It was eerily clear out here last night.
The moon looked really creepy when it started turning red, but beautiful beyond words. It looked like a spherical hot air balloon or a faintly glowing beach ball just hanging in the sky, like it was only a couple hundred feet off the ground. And the whole time everyone felt surreal here, like we were in a dream..
Video could never do it any justice. This was a simply breathtaking event.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you for the video I didnt get to see it because the storm thats hitting Southern California right now. Sunny all freaking year then one of the few nights it actually matters to have a clear sky and nothing not even a small 1 min peek or anything. What a bummer.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

That video was terrifying. When and how was the time lapse created? Do you know?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Bravo!

Now I feel like I really participated in viewing the eclipse in spite of the fact that there was a thick cloud cover and rain here in Hawaii.

Gratitude.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

That video was terrifying. When and how was the time lapse created? Do you know?

I don't know exactly when and how the time lapse was done, but the Youtube credits are: "Owned & produced by Kareem Brown. Total eclipse on winter solstice. 4.5 hours shortened to a minute and thirty seconds." The producer probably just used some video software to edit it down.

'Glad everyone who replied enjoyed it. And no, it's not as thrilling as the real thing, but beats standing out in the yard for 4.5 hours in your socks, looking up at a cloudy sky.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
WOW! Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join