It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Removes WikiLeaks App From App Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Apple Removes WikiLeaks App From App Store

techcrunch.com

Looks like an unofficial iPhone and iPad app that let you view WikiLeaks site content and follow the WikiLeaks Twitter account on the go has been removed from the App app store earlier today. The app used to be available here (here’s the Google cache).

From the WikiLeaks App’s description:

“The Wikileaks app gives instant access to the world’s most documented leakage of top secret memos and other confidential government documents.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well let us add Apple to the growing list of companies that want to silence Wikileaks. The list now contains companies including visa. mastercard, paypal, amazon and the bank of america...
I am sure looking at past events this will cause a bank lash against apple.. People have already started a boycote.
Well you would not be missing much really. Was good stuff once, really over rated these days...

kx

techcrunch.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I seriously doubt there will be a backlash against the god Apple. Apple is not just a product but a lifestyle. I don't think people who can afford Apple products as soon as they are launched will care about Wikileaks. Wikileaks' popularity is destined to wane anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
There has been a backlash against every company that has blacklisted sofar what makes you think apple will be the excpetion...
WL is infact growing not wayning. It is just not being reported much on mainstream...

kx

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
No surprise there.. Wouldnt be good for them if people started to see past the propaganda.. Soon the i(diot)phone will be given to all citizens so they can report "terrorists" and enemies of the state with the patriot app.. While eating at mcdonalds and voting on amerikan idol on their i(diot)phones..
edit on 21-12-2010 by Expat888 because: Gremlins...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
New Apple product vs. valuing truth and government transparency. Hmm, I wonder which one will people choose?

Wikileaks is nothing but a fad. Here today, gone tomorrow. If the mainstream media doesn't give Wikileaks the attention, Wikileaks' popularity WILL wane. That's the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Well let us add Apple to the growing list of companies that want to silence Wikileaks. The list now contains companies including visa. mastercard, paypal, amazon and the bank of america...
I am sure looking at past events this will cause a bank lash against apple.. People have already started a boycote.
Well you would not be missing much really. Was good stuff once, really over rated these days...

kx

techcrunch.com

People won't stop buying apple. Sadly, the brand is in, if only because of the name. Didn't you see all the zombies shelling out for ipads? Lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

We are animals, the majority of our pack are ignorant,arrogant,self righteous and selfish. They only care about what suits them at that time. Therefore, Apple products will win over any kind of truth movement.

People are to wrapped up in nonsensical trash on their televsions, the soaps, the talent shows, e.t.c to be interested in what is going on in the real world outside. This is the system, it has been designed this way to stop people from questioning and understanding their place in the equation.

Que lastima!
edit on 21-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, sounds like a few more issues behind that one... At-least the distress signals are getting flown with the companies that are need some assistance and sorting out. One step at a time, but you know where to start looking.

reply to post by franspeakfree

Apple products will win over any kind of truth movement.

Well you fail to realise that your products are based on truth. This scenario was always on the cards.
edit on 21-12-2010 by kwakakev because: reply to franspeakfree

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Don't know..I along with everyone here have been keeping a close eye on WL since they appeared, long before the maelstrom of MSM stories.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well Steve Jobs should be praying right now because he's just painted a massive target on his back. I hope someone digs up some life destroying dirt on him. Karma is a biatch!

IRM

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Trudy Muller, an Apple spokeswoman, said the company had removed the app “because it violated our developer guidelines.” Ms. Muller added: “Apps must comply with all local laws and may not put an individual or group in harm’s way.

bits.blogs.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join