It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hessdalen, Stephensville and now Thailand? The Worms return...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was thinking, perhaps the flying dragons described in ancient Asian cultures could be based on this phenomena?

Just a thought ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
some of these shapes seem to resemble protein structures. wonder if its some kind of communication displaying which kinds of life live here. could be useful info if you're an interplanetary traveler.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have documented a number of remarkable incidents witnessed in Thailand this decade.
There is a thread about subliminal images of ufo formations used in prime time television broadcasts a few months back.
It seems there is an agenda to manipulate the masses with some kind of Bluebeam type scenario. Unless of coarse this is a genuine ufo trying to communicate?
Famous cases filmed in the late 1970's by a Melbourne television crew on a flight between Aust and NZ also seem to communicate a similar pattern.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks, I hadn't made that connection, nor have I read about that bit of speculation. I have read the theory that Neanderthal and Nephilim - One and the Same? Google the subject if you haven't read it. I think it's an interesting theory, but it doesn't ring true for me.

reply to post by Unknown Soldier

The worm/symbol lights remind me of the Ancient Alien theory of "dragons" being descriptions of spaceships in the Chinese and Japanese myths. Glad you see the similarity too Unknown Soldier Nice to know it's not just me.
edit on 20-12-2010 by SunshineLaws because: post correction for replies

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thanks for the compliment v1rtu0x0. I've been fascinated by these weird lights for years now. I thought that this was a great video of the phenomena. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
I was thinking, perhaps the flying dragons described in ancient Asian cultures could be based on this phenomena?

Just a thought ?

Probably not just Asia, but Africa, Australia, the Middle East (technically Asia) and America.

Note: These things are not ships.
edit on 20/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: !

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Pretty damn interesting looking whatever it is. Someone said these are possibly plasma critters or "worms", what are these exactly?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Could be some kind of atmospheric phenomena we have yet to understand, i hate to jump on the Alien bandwagon here because it is Alien to us does not mean it is a being or ship. But i find it interesting that something like that that is natural "if true" is still not understood by modern science? I mean we can send man to the moon, split atoms but we really do not understand the origin of something like this? Has anyone ever tried to get close enough to these "worms" to touch them and see if they are even of mass? Wouldn't the military or some independent party try to confront these things with a helicopter or something? Or they just are not that interested and visual confirmation is not good enough to warrant more research?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

I have never read a clear cut answer on what these are. They are called Ebani in Mexico if you are interested in googling the phenomena. I don't know if the worms in the following video light up at night. I hate that any unexplained aerial object is just laughed at and never fully investigated by legitimate scientist. :grrr:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It's not my video. Go to YouTube link to read the comments on how ShieldPascal got the video. I just find it very interesting that many have posted similar sightings over the last several years. Could this be the "critters" that Buzz Aldrin mentioned? Is it a natural phenomenon?

Could you please locate the quote that he made.
Thanks and Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Sure, here you go. I haven't included the description in it's entirety. Click on the links I provided in the OP to read it all.

My Youtube user name is ShieldPacal. I am the original poster of this video, but not the source of it! That credit goes to a friend of mine. Here is my recent, detailed response to comments by other contributors regarding the 'choppiness' of this footage:

NEWEST UPDATE: Thanks for all of your input. The footage is choppy during the beginning when he moves the POV in order to frame the light source, and after the spectacular footage when he changes the POV for reference to other objects. This choppiness is augmented by the night mode of the camera which greatly reduces the frame rate. You can see on the footage that the street lights, star(s), and airplane show streaking, ghosting, and 'choppiness', but these effects do not come close to mimicking the effect of the object.

During the middle 3 min, the frame is focused directly on the object, with the camera mounted on a tripod. He didn't intentionally jostle the camera, although for about 5-10% of the critical footage he was manually zooming in and trying to frame the phenomenon.

There have been several explanations for this footage. The most obvious and common is the following: 'source of light: planet; streaking effect: vibration or jostling the camera or tripod coupled with greatly reduced frame rate; color effect; possible auto-focus or other camera anomaly; conclusion: easily explainable mixture of science and nature.

However, I have yet to see any star or planet footage, either manipulated or natural, that has duplicated this phenomenon other than the Texas, USA and Ghana, Ireland footage (owners, please contact me and I will include your names). I have just begun my research into this phenomenon and refuse to be so quick to draw conclusions when the very real possibility exists that this may be something 'other'. Further, there have been many, many naked-eye sightings of similar phenomena which utterly discounts the doubters 'camera angle' (555!). For me, I'm going to reserve judgment for awhile...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Just a thought ?

Oh yeah! Some nice thinking there buddy.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

It's just an effect caused by the movement of the camera which is probably set to 'super night vision' or something similar. I've done exactly the same thing with a Sony camera - set it to night vision and zoomed in to a bright star and jiggled the camera ever so slightly - same results achieved.

In this video you can clearly see the building and street lights doing the same "dance" in the last few seconds of the video.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They aren't worms. They are ufo orbs and the camera is to blame for making them look like worms, as someone above said a combination of camera shake and long exposure. The lights are real enough

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think this video should be thrown in the hoax bin. This is obviously a hoax attempt.

The slow frame rate is caused by a slow shutter speed (long exposure). The long exposure causes light to collect on each frame for long periods of time. If the camera is moving, this causes lights to create streaks (worms). So any star or light would create this streak (worm) effect.

The reason I KNOW this is a hoax:

1: Someone had to deliberately set the exposure setting to create this effect.
2: What is seen in camera (streaks) is not what is seen with the naked eyes. So someone is lying about seeing "worms".

This is a horrible hoax which seems to be aimed at fooling those not-so-knowledgeable about photography.

The streaks are caused by micro movements in the camera either by hand movement or unstable platform while the camera is taking long exposure shots.

Basically, this is called "light painting". Someone is painting these "UFOs"... trying to hoax you.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Could this be a hoax? Of course it could be. Anything can be hoaxed. There has been a lot of speculation about these lights all over the web. Some self-proclaimed experts and their analysis. Here is the first I have found. Click the source to read the entire article and supporting information.

Dancing Light UFO Video in Thailand Update: Expert Analysis of Video, UFO ‘Skywriting’
December 17, 2010
By LBG1

UFO expert: Thailand 'Dancing Light' video authentic

Analysis of the Thailand UFO video by Donald Arthur Johnson, PhD:

This UFO was videoed by my colleague at work, and witnessed by his wife and him. The witnesses are both in their 30s and college educated professionals. The sighting occurred on Monday night, December 13, 2010 at around 10 p.m. Bangkok time. Location: Salaya, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand from his 6th floor apartment.

He was smoking a cigarette on their 6th floor balcony when he first noticed a bright light in the sky, which turned into a bright line. He first thought it was a star, then a satellite, and then an airplane, because it was multicolored and was more than just a point source. However, it hung in one place in the sky, so he called to his wife to come out and bring his video camera, because he wanted to use the telephoto zoom on the camera to enhance the image and try to explain the mystery of what they were witnessing. He mounted the camera on a tripod and used the camera’s telephoto lens to zoom in on it to get a higher magnification. That was when they both noticed it was dancing very rapidly in snake-like or worm-like movements, but in the same place in the sky. They were looking toward the southern sky. They actually saw 3 of these dancing lights but filmed only one of them. The light you first see in the video is a light on the side of their apartment building, which provides some reference to the angle of elevation. He estimated it was perhaps 10,000 feet above the aircraft passing underneath on approach to Bangkok (BKK) Suvarnabhumi Airport, so the altitude might have been around 15,000 feet. The choppiness you see in the video is definitely part of the phenomenon, because the speed of the video is normal, not sped up or slowed down. This can be verified by the audio comments they both made, which are quite interesting to listen to. To the naked eye the UFO appeared like a bright light or line in the sky; only under telephoto magnification, with the camera mounted firmly on a tripod, were the strange worm-like maneuverings observable on the camcorder’s digital display.

Source

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Hey sunshine,

I saw a giant worm just like that yesterday leaving from work in south Louisiana. It looked like a tornado that wasn't connected to any other clouds, or like a dense dust devil that went sideways, and branched out.

Just when I started to think I was seeing something paranormal ( Like Michael Crichton's "Swarm" ) I saw them for what they were. Thousands, and thousands of tiny birds flying very close together, looking just like schools of fish. The really big swarms look like arial amoeba's with morphing arms splayed out. I'm not sure what kind of birds I'm watching. maybe someone else has an idea.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I had to go back into your profile to read what you have posted and the threads you have posted in the past to make sure you were not being sarcastic.

I hate having to be a dirty driller, but ATS is so huge and I'm a bit of a newbie. I have to ask you though, why does it thrill you to make fun of posters in this way? Have you not read the stickies at the top of this forum? I never mentioned at all that these were ETs. Why do you feel so comfortable acting up in this forum?

I just don't get this community, I guess I need to just back away until after the holidays when I have more time to deal with *ahem* gremlins. No discussion can be had about any subject when the nay-saying magpies ignore the conditions set by the Admins and layers of Moderators.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding? Why does the simple rules of common courtesy fly out the window when an interesting video is posted in this forum. I don't get it, but I will be back after Christmas to help find out. I will also be doing my part to be part of the solution. Whatever that may be.

Merry Happy Holidays to you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join