It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got A Cell Phone? Got Some PERSONAL Pictures On It? Well...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You may want to move/remove those pictures from your phone before you bring your phone into a phone store for service and/or upgrade to a new phone.

Once that phone is in the hands of another person (service technician, sales rep, etc), there's a good chance that your pictures are going to be quickly reviewed and gawked-at; and sometimes shared with other employees.

How do I know this? I've worked in the cellular industry for over 20 years. You wouldn't BELIEVE some of the pics that some folk in the business have 'shared' with me.

Although I have only witnessed the 'you gotta see this' syndrome while the pics have been on the customers' own phones, it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if there were people out there copying those pictures for future personal/public 'review'. Afterall, what would it take for someone, while in possession of your phone, to quickly forward one or more of your pictures to another phone via picture messaging, and then conveniently remove the record of the message(s) from your phone? Nothing at all...

By far, the employees that are moral, ethical, and just want to do thier job are the norm.

But you have been WARNED; the dark side exists AND **it happens.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

Indeed.

The same applies to PC world too!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yep.. Some celebs in taiwan learned that the hard way couple years ago.. One had several pics on a pc that ended up in the papers and online..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That's the drawback of current technology, everything can be copy-pasted for free and then it goes viral.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah good thing they aint' got my roomate Rod's cellphone-- theyd' probably find some pictures on there that nobuddy would wanna see

new topics

top topics

join