It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus Opposition Attacks Government Building After Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Belarus Opposition Attacks Government Building After Election

www.voanews.com

A massive demonstration against alleged vote rigging in Belarus' presidential election turned violent Sunday after protesters tried to storm a government building housing the country's Central Election Commission.

Chanting "Freedom for Belarus" and "Down with Lukashenko," a crowd gathered in October Square immediately after polls closed. Opposition speakers charged that Lukashenko had run a fraudulent election, controlling the vote counting machinery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does there seem to be alot of protests around the world recently?

The article says the police detatined hundreds of the protesters, and about 40,000 people showed up to October Square.

It seems that Lukashenko supposedly rigged the election and stole the election. Im thinking more information will come out in the near future.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Is it just me, or does there seem to be alot of protests around the world recently?

The article says the police detatined hundreds of the protesters, and about 40,000 people showed up to October Square.

It seems that Lukashenko supposedly rigged the election and stole the election. Im thinking more information will come out in the near future.

Wow.. do you realize there was a Wikileaks cable released just the other day that had U.S. government talking about Lukashenko being kinda crazy and trying to hold on to power forever?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I personally feel disgust against Lukashenko and his policies. His regime is authoritarian to say the least. He is openly using force against opposition and rigging elections. He lives and thinks like it was USSR times when it's not. He even uses Soviet symbols. Nobody likes him in Belarus. Belorussians live in fear. Down with the dictator.

I am ashamed that I live next to country whose leader is Soviet dictator.
Soldiers of Belarus open your eyes! You are fighting your nation when you should be fighting Lukashenko!

new topics

top topics

join