It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela and US in row over envoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Venezuela and US in row over envoy

english.aljazeera.net

Chavez warns that rejected US envoy will be detained and deported if he arrives in the South American country.

Venezuela has slammed US plans to appoint an ambassador rejected by Caracas, saying that Washington's statements on the matter were consistent with its policy of aggression against the South American country.

Hugo Chavez, the Venezuela president, warned on Saturday that Larry Palmer, Washington's nominee for ambassador, would be detained and put on the next flight home if he trie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I dont blame Venezuala for wanting to kick this guy out if he sets foot in their country. If someone was talking trash about my home, I wouldnt want them to be another nations envoy to my home.

The article says Palmer suggested the Venezualan military morale is low and was concerned about Colombian rebels taking refuge in Venezuala. Im not up to date on those issues, but Palmer, according to the article, also felt like saying whatever he felt like saying.

"He went ahead and said whatever he felt like saying, disrespecting Venezuela, a group of honourable generals ... the government, the Venezuelan constitution,'' Chavez said in a televised speech. ``How is he going to be ambassador? He disqualified himself."

If another country appointed an envoy that disrespected my consitution, I would be pissed to.

Do you think Palmer is the best candidate for the job? The State Department thinks so.

The US State Department has insisted it stands behind Palmer as the best candidate for the job.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-12-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Honestly America better keep foot out of Venezuela especially when Iran wants a joint base there with medium range missiles. Three cities will be attacked on christmas time here in America. Are you prepared?
3rd line

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

At the end of the day, the US has no say on who Venezuela does or does not let into their counrtry..

It does howevery show ignorance on the part of the US..

Their boots age gettin too big..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ReaPErofSIN

I agree that the US should keep out of Venezuala buisness. What have they done to us? We talk trash about them so they're going to talk trash about us. Simply - They're defending themselves. I have no problem with them defending themselves.

If Iran wants to build a base there, then so be it. The US has many military bases in different countries, so why cant others do the same?

On the xmas day, 3 cities being attacked, I have not heard anything about that.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Ha Ha nothing is going to happen on christmas except for thousands of pounds of paper being thrown away and good eats. I just wanted to get flamed.
3rd line

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by ReaPErofSIN

I agree that the US should keep out of Venezuala buisness. What have they done to us? We talk trash about them so they're going to talk trash about us. Simply - They're defending themselves. I have no problem with them defending themselves.

If Iran wants to build a base there, then so be it. The US has many military bases in different countries, so why cant others do the same?

On the xmas day, 3 cities being attacked, I have not heard anything about that.

Yeah.. the whole world going to be attacked by ”AlSanta Qaeda” team... interesting time..!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hmm, I wonder who they would rather have instead. That is perfectly reasonable.

"He went ahead and said whatever he felt like saying, disrespecting Venezuela, a group of honourable generals ... the government, the Venezuelan constitution,'' Chavez said in a televised speech. ``How is he going to be ambassador? He disqualified himself."

So this guy basically trashed Venezuela by opinion, that is the issue, despite whatever picture has been painted. Chavez wants a neutral representative, not someone that is biased.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Nephalim because: I don't want you to be led like sheep, some titles are meant to make you go, BAAAAAHH!!

edit on 19-12-2010 by Nephalim because: One again for good measure!-wording

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
From the article:

"We regret the Venezuelan government’s announcement that it intends to withdraw agrément. It will bear the responsibility for that action. We believe that precisely because there are tensions in the relationship, it is important to maintain diplomatic communications at the highest level."

Hey, and there was I thinking that diplomacy was about negotiation, respect, accountability and reaching the best possible compromise...but yet again, we see the US prefers threats.

Damn right they are objecting to this guy...based on his statements my own opinion would be he would be a liablity in my country.

Increasingly, it seems as though the US Cabal is living in a bubble of delusion. They truly believe they can do whatever they want, say whatever they want, go wherever they want, kill whoever they want and not be held accountable.

Actually, they are hell bent on fomenting chaos and hostility everywhere in the world, so this is probably just another part of the strategy.

edit on 19-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReaPErofSIN
Honestly America better keep foot out of Venezuela especially when Iran wants a joint base there with medium range missiles. Three cities will be attacked on christmas time here in America. Are you prepared?
3rd line

Are you a prophet or are you some kind of home-grown terrorist?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

I know you can read. As why you replied to the forum. The post I later wrote stated nothing would happen. I just wanted to be flamed and no one jumped on it.
3rd line

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
From the article:

"We regret the Venezuelan government’s announcement that it intends to withdraw agrément. It will bear the responsibility for that action. We believe that precisely because there are tensions in the relationship, it is important to maintain diplomatic communications at the highest level."

Hey, and there was I thinking that diplomacy was about negotiation, respect, accountability and reaching the best possible compromise...but yet again, we see the US prefers threats.

Damn right they are objecting to this guy...based on his statements my own opinion would be he would be a liablity in my country.

Increasingly, it seems as though the US Cabal is living in a bubble of delusion. They truly believe they can do whatever they want, say whatever they want, go wherever they want, kill whoever they want and not be held accountable.

Actually, they are hell bent on fomenting chaos and hostility everywhere in the world, so this is probably just another part of the strategy.

I'd doubt it it. A few more weeks, some other guy will be assigned that Chavez approves of and that will be the end of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Washington has revoked the visa of the Venezuelan ambassador to the US, the US state department has said. The move comes amid a diplomatic dispute between the two countries over President Barack Obama's choice of ambassador to Caracas, Larry Palmer. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez had been angered by comments Mr Palmer made about the country this year, and withdrew his approval of Mr Palmer. The US move in effect expels Venezuelan envoy Bernardo Alvarez Herrera.

Link to BBC article

rofl, I guess I was wrong.

new topics

top topics

join