It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2100 arrested at rallies in Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

2100 arrested at rallies in Moscow

www.presstv.ir

Russian police have arrested over 2100 people at a rallies in the Moscow region in line with the country's policy to clamp down on the recent outbreaks of ethnic violence.

In the rallies, hundreds of demonstrators, including young nationalists, took to the streets in northern Moscow on Saturday.

The main event, organized by ethnic Russian nationalists, was authorized by officials, but turned violent after the crowd scattered, Reuters reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As basically all of us know this is not really about the murder of the football player, this is caused from an underlying frustration that finally reached a boiling point. Russians are mad because of the constant terrorist attacks, violence, and ethnic integration. That is why one of the loudest rallying cries was “Russia for the Russians”.

This same thing is occurring in Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, France, and other European nations as a greater influx of non-ethnic Europeans are flooding their nations. Add to that the crash of the economy and the special demands being requested by these minorities are resulting in a very frustrated populace.

The violence however is unacceptable regardless of the situation. The arrest of 2,100 also seems a bit excessive as well. It is a shocking high number.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As basically all of us know this is not really about the murder of the football player, this is caused from an underlying frustration that finally reached a boiling point. Russians are mad because of the constant terrorist attacks, violence, and ethnic integration. That is why one of the loudest rallying cries was “Russia for the Russians”.

This same thing is occurring in Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, France, and other European nations as a greater influx of non-ethnic Europeans are flooding their nations. Add to that the crash of the economy and the special demands being requested by these minorities are resulting in a very frustrated populace.

I'm not sure I agree it's racialy motivated as you suggest..
These scenes are occuring more and more all around the world..
I'd like to think it's the people waking up to their Governments utter contempt for what the people wan't..
Many are also seeing, through prosperity measures, that they are being screwed by the financial sector..
I also think it's rapidly reaching a tipping point and may only take one event to trigger a world wide response..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It seems like it is in-line with other protests happening around the world... but the nationalists, including the racially-charged, are the best organized and are leading the resistance amongst the Russian population.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I swear every week it seems like there is a new violent protest or rally.
London
SK
Ireland
Spain
London
Russia
Maybe I am just paranoid, but these are all rather violent and not really the most positive (though that would be subjective).
More and more arrests, but nothing really ever gets done.. does it?
Not only an hour ago a friend and I were talking about the ludicris 1+ Billion dollar party that we paid for and weren't invited too. ( I'm talking about G20 Toronto)
I hope they had fun.
They probably enjoyed muskoka and I'm sure they enjoyed what they saw of front street.
Hmm let's see here, what is one of the reasons you visit a country. Scenery...Check. Architecture... Check.
The people... wait a minute... over a billion dollars and they met what maybe 50 of us most?
To me those people never saw Canada or any of us True canadians.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hate doesn't make sense.

At least the resistance's hate has legitimacy, hence they want freedom, hence they want aggression to stop, hence they want oppression to stop, hence they want justice etc.

Skin Head hate does not make sense, it is just idiotic.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
why does the rest of the world(namedly americans) say and thinks europe is under an ethnic invasion?
yet we europeans barelly notice it, since we as colonizers and travelers for having centuries of history with these same ethnic people are already used to live among these folks. they are not invading, they have always been here.

see wich people from wich countries go to wich countries, it's always colonies and former colonies, and it has always happened in europe.

but back to the riots and such, i don't think it's race fuelled at all, i think it's the general state of the people being fed up, whatever the cause is, it seems i can't look at world news daily without somehow somewhere some rioters are getting it on with riot police sporting those neat NWO styled black uniforms(whoever owns that factory for that gear is surelly not feeling any crisis), it even reminds me of the first scenes in this neat silly movie i watched a while ago called 2012...

so people in general are fed up, of course what happens is most times the anger of the people gets misdirected by some who come along to scream "blame the jews" "blame the muslims" etc etc etc etc

usually a war follows, alot of the blamed party get killed, yet the real causers of the ills of society get away unpunished and unnoticed every single time.

this is about race, the human one though.
we get suckered to hate and persecute our own every single time.
meanwhile the snakes laugh and cough drinking brandy.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"Hundreds" of protesters and yet reports of "2100" arrests.

Bad reporting and/or bad maths.

There is hate because of frustration, and I believe many people couldn't pin it down to one thing because it comes from so many angles.

Part ethnic problems, part financial, part governmental, part this part that.

2011 is going to be an interesting year and I firmly believe it will be an engineered scenario that causes further riots, discontent and eventually a mass quelling of societies and ultimately the final segregation of us and them that will determine the future of this world. Those in control..government, bankers, law. Those unwittingly in control...police, army, local authorities. And those who should do as they say to help feed their machine.

We need more spanners and we need them before there is no turning back.

The blatant events that have stirred discontent like 9/11, 7/7, the wars in iraq and afganistan, new and changing laws, the continued rise in unemployment, the rise of the elite and their disconcern of what people think of their actions, foreclosures, immigration, inflation etc, etc etc.....all to create the followers of the instigators (I'm alright jack) and the resistors of the instigators (Jack squat and pi**ed).

The big push is underway me thinks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't agree the protests in Russia should be equaled to the protests in Western Europe and Greece. The latter are economic mostly. You see strikes, people in their 40s protest on the streets. In London the students were stricken too harsh from the very parliament that should represent them In Russia, in contrast to the West, there is an increase in standard of living during Putin's rule.

The protesters youngsters seen on videos have mixed agendas if at all. Undoubtedly, there are nationalist and even neo nazi elements (much older) who instigate the crowd. Please, see all reports from RT. Not every football fan is nazi, of course. Many are dissatisfied for various reasons, and sorry but the strongest football fans are not always the smartest youths either
Have you seen the English football fans? Then...

The measurement of the government is just adequate. 2100 arrested, may be more to come, but many of them have been also released afterward. Putin will be an idiot if allows the process of disintegration started n 1990s to continue, if he allows football or Nazi or anyone else to smash Christmas trees next to Kremlin. Imagine how would the American police react if that occurred in front of the Capitol in D.C. I congratulate Medvedev for his position, because some expected him to turn against Putin in the course of his presidency. Imagine if Hilary Clinton is advised from foreign media to turn against Obama, or vice versus.

There were signs of Western involvement in those NGO etc groups. The British Council cultural centers were closed in all cities except for Moscow and St Petersburg.

As of the youngsters, they are neither a majority of the Russian youth (5000 in one case, 100 in another), nor the most educated. One should ask where their parents were 10 years ago. It would be nice from Western viewpoint to see in these young men the coming next collapse of Russia. Only it is far from the truth.
Sorry if you do not agree with such kind of view. Perhaps now some "Moscow citizens" will come online to say "how bad" the "real situation" is. Perhaps they too live in America, students or otherwise. I advise you to check Russian forums and news to see the real situation. The world outside America is not a jungle, rather quite a civilized one.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I agree fully with your post.

What better way than to use ethnic divisions to divert the REAL source of our race's problem? It's been tried and tested for centuries successfully. It helps cover up the mistakes or agenda the rulers want. Better if it leads to violence and then BAMM!!!

The guns come out, we hurt and harm each other - blame the jews, blame the muslims, blame the christians, blame the blacks, blame the whites, blame the women, blame the children, blame those who wear white, blame those wear black, blame those who wear shoes, blame those who go barefeet, etc, etc...the list goes on. Thousands of excuses for centuries from the manual on manipulation of mankind, now known to humanity through the aquisition of knowledge through education..

The REAL source of the problem does not lay with our fellow brothers and sisters of our human race. It lays with the failed mismanagement of policies by the rulers in collusion with the greedy Corporations whom cared not a fig for human suffering but only in watching their pile of money grow.

May our russian brothers and sisters not be fooled, used and abused later to serve those animals in power....

top topics

join