It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Peeves List

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
1: US English. (its the English language, changing the S to a Z in a couple of words does not make it your new language)

2: The Police. (nice idea, wrong people in the uniform)

3: People who kill for a wage packet.

4: Tennis

5: X Factor

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well my wife who is sitting next to me reminded me to be careful with the bandwith

1. Getting attacked by other people’s dogs when out running. Stick the mutt on a lead or I will bury it ( and the owner too).

2. Those who fail to leave the loo as they find it. Gross and unthinking.

3. Leaving the top off the damn toothpaste. If you lived in the tropics you would know that to be a No NO.

4. Those who only have a right brain (or act like it) and who seem to believe the world works like them.

5. And finally those cretin s who say the right wing is equal too the left wing no wonder the damn country is in such a mess.

edit on 20-12-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh and after the last few days on ATS - with Christmas break in full effect in many countries, I have two more things to add to my list...

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff is that your little one?

Awesome pic thanks for posting. lmao.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

LOL! No, that is the result of searching Photobucket with the words "infant on computer"! Mine are 20 and 14.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
People talking on cellphones everywhere, what the hell is so important that everybody needs to be on the phone all the time? In the grocery store blocking the the isle? what you need to report a change in Campells soup to someone on the other end?

People that do not make their kids mind.

Tailgating, riding my bumper, nothing makes me madder.

People digging through my garbage that is to be picked up the next day by the garbage people.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff since your posted baby pics, a couple of mine from a few years ago, not a pet peeve really, mmmm well maybe one the cleaning part, lol

He is grabs my keyboard, and is busted by Daddy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2509ebdd1ed.jpg[/atsimg]

Now it's time to eat, hard work being a kid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c22d1d4ed666.jpg[/atsimg]

Snooze time after we get cleaned up a bit

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85172ffa3577.jpg[/atsimg]

Now it's the Real bath time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db0893b20078.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 20-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
1. People who make disgusting noises while eating

2.Large girls who stuff themselves into a pair of jeans 2 sizes to small and declare "Girrrrl I look Gooooood!"

3.Stupid people who think they are smart.

4.People who let their kids and animals run wild.

5.Women who shave their eyebrows off and DRAW them on with a pencil.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Top Peeves
1 - People eating with their mouths open, chomping away, with the disgusting sound it makes.

2 - Rude, obnoxious people - manners cost nothing, take no time at all and make the world a better place.
3 - Drivers using mobile phones handsets - get a bluetooth headset, you selfish, thoughtless piece of ****
4 - People who ask you a question because they dont know, then proceed to tell you that you are wrong and provide you with a "correct" answer. Heres an idea - if you know the chuffin answer - dont ask me, if you ask me dont then tell me otherwise!

5 - Lazy people - especially at work. You have a list of jobs to do, get on with them. Put your iphone away and focus on what your being paid to do instead of letting others pick up your slack all the time.

and breathe....

edit on 31-12-2010 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

ha yea i posted before reading most of the other posts - I would add number 6
Never touch another mans car stereo....I dont know if women are the same about this? Perhaps the women on here can comment

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My pet peeves

1. People who don't use blinkers!! That is why they are there!!! If you want to get over USE IT!
2. People who cut you off and go slower than the speed limit
3. Dishes in the sink (OCD thing lol)
4. People who are late
5. When someone says they will call and don't...It's rude! If you don't want to call just say so!

And my biggest...Parents who let their kids run all over stores! Watch your damn kids!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ok.......

1. When people say "any-hoo"

2. Head liners in cars that sag down and hang on your head.

3. Fuel gauges that don't work.

4. People who push their beliefs onto me when they know I feel differently.

5. Bureaucracy and red tape.

6. People that believe that a collage degree makes up for real world experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

people who cant/dont control their children.

Arrgghhh...that one drives me up the wall. They just sit there while their kid screams his or her fool head off. (or worse, they try and coddle the child who is doing it)...

Man, I'd have been spitting teeth if I acted up like that in a store, when I was a kid. Of course, nowadays, if you even spank your kid, you could risk jail time, losing your kids, etc. It's ridiculous to on one hand make the parent responsible for a child's actions, and yet take away a tool that has worked for CENTURIES....

I can count the number of times I was spanked without even using my toes, just fingers, but still, the THREAT of it was effective enough of a deterrent. (to be honest, it wasn't the pain, or even embarrassment...it was knowing that I disappointed them THAT MUCH that they felt they had to do it). These days though, it's an empty threat, and worse, the kids KNOW it because they are TOLD it is.

And then, we wonder why today's youth seems even more rebellious... Hmmm....go figure...

edit on 3-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's my selection

1) People who hate people using their mobile phones in public.

2) Loud noises - especially people who cause loud noises to happen unnecessarily. For example, those that ride noisy motorbikes.

3) Students who come back from their 6 month backpacking holiday in India (or wherever) and take on the airs and graces of somebody superior to their less adventurous fellows.

4) Communal laughing. Such as everyone in a cinema laughing at a comedy film.

5) Getting woken up from my afternoon nap by a phone call - just as I'm dropping off to sleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

people who cant/dont control their children.

Arrgghhh...that one drives me up the wall. They just sit there while their kid screams his or her fool head off.

Don't be fooled, its not that we can't control them, its because we love to spread our misery that we let our kids run wild.

The most fun thing in the world is to go shopping with the kids while letting them run around the store like a bunch of savages, all the while pretending that you don't know them. The looks they get from other parents are priceless!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A few of my pet peeves in no particular order.

1. When people overuse the word " actually".

2. When people aren't sure of something if they say, " I wanna say............." Drives me NUTS!

3. People who close their eyes when they talk. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

4. Attention whores. I just want to cringe inside when I see someone going overboard to gain attention.

5. People who have to be right all the time, and will never back down, even when they are wrong.

6. Calling a company and either getting crappy automated service, or getting someone with an accent so think I can't understand them.

omg.... I could go on and on...

edit on 3-1-2011 by virraszto because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join