It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN mulls internet regulation options

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

UN mulls internet regulation options

www.itnews.com.au

The United Nations is considering whether to set up an inter-governmental working group to harmonise global efforts by policy makers to regulate the internet.

Establishment of such a group has the backing of several countries, spearheaded by Brazil.
At a meeting in New York on Wednesday, representatives from Brazil called for an international body made up of Government representatives that would attempt to create global standards for policing the internet - specifically in reaction to challenges such as WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"My concern is that if we were to make a move to form a governmental-only body then that would send a very strong signal to civil society that their valuable contribution was not required or was not being looked for," an un-named Australian representative told the meeting.

So is this what we are to expect..The Freedom of speech to be infringed?

www.itnews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes, this certainly bothers me. I find it even more surprising that Brazil is leading this, but then they have been extremely NWO over the last 5-10 years.

I know most Canadians (where I am from) will probably never hear about this and if they do not be bothered enough to care. The only thing that bugs me more than people trying to control us, is when they do it out in the open clearly so we can see them, and we barely even speak out about it.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that everyone was up in arms about China regulating internet access to its citizens (culminating in Google pulling out).

And now they feel that they (gov't, not google... I think) must all regulate it. Because the public knowing what the government is up to is definitely, definitely a bad thing.

For a start, we'd be making informed choices when we voted.

EDIT - I guess that darned "Bing" search engine which keeps being advertised will finally have a use... search the net - but not the bits that might upset you. Allow the government to censor the world for you. No, roses don't have thorns, don't be silly. And there's not fungus called a stinkhorn(google that, if you dare)... just a pixellated patch on the forest floor.

Grr.

edit on 17/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
just one more piece of the puzzle that spells out NWO, Control knowledge info and how it is viewed and see what the masses know, and how they think, then you know what to feed them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
and this was one of the reasons why
wikileaks has an agenda.

welcome to 1984

new topics

top topics

join