It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban reject Obama war strategy review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Article

KABUL, Afghanistan – The Taliban on Friday rejected the review of President Barack Obama's year-old war strategy in Afghanistan, saying that it has failed on both the military and the civil administration fronts.

"It is a failed strategy, not only on the military side but also in civilian and administrative affairs. Public services in Afghanistan have failed. Corruption, insecurity and also the civilian casualties are a result of failed American strategy," Mujahid said.

"President Obama is also talking about progress, but it is clear for everyone that the reality is completely the opposite of what he says," he added.

I dont think there has been much progess in the war. This year has been the deadliest year of the war. I dont really see an end to this war anytime soon, unless one side just decides to quit.
edit on 17-12-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Pull the troops then Buni! Whats the hold up? Jeez man, we buy your books, send you to school and you leave the troops in Iraq and Afganistan. Didn't they teach you anything at Columbia and Harvard? sheesh.

I'm all for getting them out of there. not a problem for me. Gitterdun.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I think the US pulling out of Afghanistan as soon as possible would be the best thing to do. By soon, I mean really soon, not 2014, more like in a few months. The longer we stay there, the more people are going to die, and more money wasted.

join