It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: India 'tortured' Kashmir prisoners Buzz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Wikileaks: India 'tortured' Kashmir prisoners
Buzz

hot-discovery.blogspot.com

The International Committee of the Red Cross sent evidence to US diplomats about widespread torture by Indian security forces in Kashmir, according to cables obtained by Wikileaks.
The International Committee of the Red Cross sent evidence to US diplomats about widespread torture by Indian security forces in Kashmir, according to cables obtained by Wikileaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 12/17/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Visits to detention centres in the region in 2002-04 revealed cases of beatings, electric shocks, sexual abuse and other types of ill-treatment.Visits to detention centres in the region in 2002-04 revealed cases of beatings, electric shocks, sexual abuse and other types of ill-treatment.The organisation concluded that India condoned torture in the region.

hot-discovery.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. Much as we want to think otherwise, I believe a lot of "civilized" governments secretly condone torture. It's still a shame, though. Torture can never be justified.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by john3110

Why did you repeat yourself several times?Why did you repeat yourself several times?
The evidence speaks for itself ! No need to overstate the issue!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Every country condones and allows torture if the price is right.

What was the price here? If somebody has a nuclear bomb in the vicinity of a major metropolis but wont disclose which, your family is there, what price do you start to have morbid thoughts to retrieve the answer?

Every human has a price, what the limit is determines your morals and values. Sad thing is, that price is manipulated by pseudo reality created by wealthy people trying to control you. So your price is not what you think it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This has been proved to be a false report by Pakistan media used as propaganda against India. LINK to pakistan newspaper stating that Pakistan has already apologised. It has also been published in Guardian UK that pakistan faked it but cannot find the link.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I took a look here, because I also wondered, if this is about the fake cables of last week. But this is a different one and was published by the Guardian yesterday:

Guardian

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Ah correct, appoligies, my mistake. Seems like the situation is quite bad there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have to ask the OP, do you have anything to add here yourself or are you just going to copy and paste (in doubles) from the actual article?

I am certainly not going to add to the discussion since clearly the Op can't either.

new topics

top topics

join