It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait! 2012 isn't actually happening?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hello my fellow Earthlings,

When I first heard about the great debate over the significance of the date December 21st, 2012 I thought it was believable. However, as I have dug further into the talks about Earth’s doomsday, I have come to the conclusion that the significance of the winter solstice is simply a creation of man’s imagination.

Now don’t get me wrong, I do not mean any offense. I simply believe that science proves that 2012 is not going to be any different than any other year (environmental wise). Please take the time to read why 2012 will not happen, and hopefully you can be relieved that the Earth is not ending. Unless you want the Earth to end, that is a different story.

These are a few reasons why:
• The Mayan Long-Count Calendar – Okay. So the calendar stops on December 21st, 2012. However, it has been proven that once the calendar stops, it rewinds back to the beginning.
• The Earth is in danger of being hit by a meteor. Sorry, but there are no large size meteors nearby that will wipe out all life on Earth.
• The super volcano in Yellowstone National Park is going to erupt in 2012. Maybe. The eruption is set to take place every 600,000 years. It has been 640,000 years since the last eruption. Therefore, this volcano is 40,000 years behind. It is unlikely that scientists can predict when this volcano will erupt and it is doubtful that it will erupt within the next two years.

Those are just a few reasons as to why the Earth will not end in 2012. However, there are plenty more scientific answers to the hoaxes that are planted on doomsday websites. More scientific facts can be found at: www.nasa.gov...
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear your thoughts on the significance of 2012. See you on December 22nd, 2012.

- A Rational Human Being
(Rest easy; tomorrow is just around the corner)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There are many things that might happen on 2012. Another theory is this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some theories are about good things happening on 2012, and some are about doomsday and such. The most known one is the Doomsday.

But, we'll all just wait and see

I'm pretty excited myself. Even if nothing happens.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Don't be silly.

Earth is not going to end.

Life is about cycles.

Cycles are circles.

One ends, another begins.

We have 11,000 years till the next golden age in the yuga cycle.

Think of 2012 like a 12:01 AM.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxsit

• The Earth is in danger of being hit by a meteor. Sorry, but there are no large size meteors nearby that will wipe out all life on Earth.
• The super volcano in Yellowstone National Park is going to erupt in 2012. Maybe. The eruption is set to take place every 600,000 years. It has been 640,000 years since the last eruption. Therefore, this volcano is 40,000 years behind. It is unlikely that scientists can predict when this volcano will erupt and it is doubtful that it will erupt within the next two years.

You are incorrect in your assumptions here. Both of these events you have listed will happen in the future, its a 100% guarantee they will happen because they have happened before. We don't know when they will happen, but to come on here and say there are no large size Asteroids nearby or that it is doubtful that Yellowstone will blow is wishful thinking.

Some people can't get there mind to comprehend that a end of the world as we know it situation could occur tomorrow, next year, 2 years or 10 years from now, but regardless what you believe, nature has its own agenda and is unstoppable.

I wouldn't only focus on Yellowstone there are other Super Volcano's that could blow as well. Oh and NASA is still searching for Asteroids/Comets in our Solar System as they have not discovered them all.
edit on 16-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
and lets not forget magnetic pole shift...which happens every 13,000 years, and we are at the end of one of those here shortly

we shall see

be good

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by luxsit

one word Y2K that is all

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think that Mayans just got tired of doing the math! They Had to stop somewhere.

But they would have stopped at a much earler date,
If they knew how many books about it they could have sold!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
the world is not ending, thats obvious, some just think the best way to prey on fools and spread wichever message is by fear. *cough* religion *cough* politics... sorry.

but...

the world(as we know it) is ending pretty soon. and one way or the other we can all agree that however it is whatever it is, something is infact changing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well to reference NASA on a subject like this means nothing my friend, there are many things that could possibly happen and NASA wouldn't release any information pointing towards this, not yet anyway! There could possibly be an external threat then that could cause disasters etc.. but it seems more of a change of the 'inner self' and our species is on the tipping point of growing natural wisdom.

Myself and so many others can see the world slowly waking up, but don't believe the movies lol, life is all about cycles every since recorded, the cyclic change has already started, if you're waiting to SEE something before believing, then when you do it'll be too late and you'll have little time to prepare - just like every other big event predicted that has come true, most don't even believe it, and then when it happens people go "oh sh*t I didn't actually see that coming" - if you get in contact with your spiritual side, you can feel the changes happening slowly, and trying to naturally feel your own truth is a lot more reliable than trying to gather 'Scientific Facts' from people who don't want any big events to be known anyway - you're just running round in circles with that one as Scientific knowledge is limited to what we know, that's it, and this cycle is unknown and unstudied by modern day science, and their version of 'Facts' is what they want you to know for their benefit, not necessarily the truth.

In the least the poles are shifting, there's a massive hole in the magnetosphere already, and at some point during this shift it is said that the earth will lose its' magnetic field for a small period of time in which the spiritually prepared should go into deep meditation with their loved ones/community and emerge into the new cycle. People who are not spiritually prepared and remain materialistic in nature and care will probably panic, go riot yelling "the world's ending" and most will probably die in the process, so the question is "Would you rather be prepared or go "Oh Sh*t" when it's too late?".

What's the point in putting vast amounts of energy and effort arguing with yourself whether or not something will happen, when you can easily prepare so you're ready for whatever happens, and put your energy into loving life!
I'm prepared mentally and spiritually for whatever scenario may occur, which I'm glad about, because even though a lot points towards 2012, I'm still not 100% quite yet, and like most I'd like to see something solid and conclusive to convince me either way despite being prepared.

I just can't wait for Humanity to grow the fu*k up!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Ahh yes, the Millenium Bug.

Everything else was based on the majik number 2000, which is just that, a number.

2012 , is not just about the number, and is not the same situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I can't wait for it to hurry up and get here.

I would like to think people will be quiet about it afterwards, but they won't.

They'll come up with some crap about the Space Light Brothers being invisible walk ins and a new generation of Midwich cuckoos, I mean, messianic Indigos being born that year to rule a new millenium, before the Great Feathered Serpent finally shows up.

One thing about religions and prophecies, if something fails to happen, they just change their beliefs on it.

I would pay to see First Contact made that year though, with real aliens. It would be hilarious. The aliens would be so confused by all the crazy humans, it would be the Aztecs and Cortez all over again. If that happened I just hope the aliens look like ducks, or at least duck billed kangaroos, totally confusing the UFO community and the New Age cults.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well, let me make you afraid. Very afraid that there may be something to it. Though 12-21-12 may not be the actual date to be afraid of.

Just going to cut and past from someplace else. My material. Is Daniel 11 supposed to happen at the time of the end? And is it already running?

What happened back in the BC era was simply a echo of future events. But they did not fulfill the .prophecy of Daniel 11! Because those events did not fulfill all the conditions placed on the prophecy by Daniel. Also there is a condition placed on the prophecy indirectly by Genesis 48 and 49 that couldn't have been fulfilled in the first century AD as well. The conditions that are placed on Daniel 11 indicate that it is supposed to be fulfilled in a distant future where knowledge is increased and many run to and fro. That didn't happen in the first century AD.

And Genesis 48 and 49 predicts that at the time of Shiloh (end times/appearance of the messiah) the descendants of Jacob/ Israel would be a multitude of nations. Dozens if not hundreds of them. Not fulfilled in the first century AD. They simply had not mingled with enough gentile nations to say they were a multitude by then. Quite simply Antiochus Epiphanes may have been a prototype of the evil one to come. But he wasn't the evil one to come in Daniel. Per Daniel 9-27 he comes in the 70th week. He is the little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. And Daniel 8 clearly puts him in the time of the end.

Now the Jesus Christ predictions. Between Luke 21 and Matthew 24 you can create a timeline that stretches from the first century to today and to the major events of the Apocalypse.

So starting with Luke 21 verse 6 out to verse 24 those predictions were for the near future of the first century AD. The temple was destroyed in 70 AD and the diaspora happened after 135 AD.

Then in verse 24 there is a large jump in time. A event called the times of the Gentiles starts. And I would point out that it is still running. Gentiles have come and gone but there are still parts of Jerusalem under the control of Gentiles. Even Muslims have control of the Temple mount.

But after this event verses 25 to 36 describe the return of the Son of man and the events surrounding it.

And there is the first part of the timeline. The events of the first century AD with a long intervening event before the return of the Son of man.

And the times of the Gentiles are approximately 1900 years long now.

Now look at the events of Matthew 24.

Verses 5 through 13 deal with conditions and events that happen before the end times. And then you run into verse 14.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

This is the first event of the end times. And I would point out that it happened some time between 1945 to 1948. The end of WW2 to the creation of the nation of Israel. A end time event predicted in a number of places in the bible. Thereby making it the 2nd fig tree leaf of the fig tree parables.

Then the problem becomes that all the verses after verse 14 are about future events from 1948. And that includes verse 15.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

So what's the problem here? The Abomination of Desolation reference. It's only mentioned that way in 11-31. So the only proper way to refer to it is to start at 11-31. 9-27 is the wrong prophecy. Also 11-31 is not a standalone prophecy. It is a single event in a long sequential list of events. Also it is described as the worst event ever to happen to the world in verse 21. Of all time. Period. These are not the events of the first century AD.

Then take a look at verse 28.

For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

If you look at Daniel 8 I would point out there is a carcass there. And being there is already a Daniel reference in the prophecy I would point out it's only logical that verse 28 is another Daniel reference.

Then to reexplain the first horseman and Daniel 11-2 connection.

One of the ways to explain difficult verses in the bible is to use the "let the bible solve the bible method." Literally that if you run into a difficult verse there should be verses elsewhere that cover the same subject. The trick is to find them and combine the information. Gives you a fuller view of the subject. Essentially the bible is a large multidimensional jigsaw puzzle in many ways. The trick is seeing how the pieces combine.

So to start with here is the verse.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

So what we know here is that we have a king. He is going to war. And he carries a bow.

So just based on this Daniel 11 does have kings in it. But which one? Not enough evidence to go by here. But one night back in 2002 I'm thinking about this and got to wondering. What about the arrows? If you're going to war your primary weapon wouldn't be empty. So where were the arrows? Then a very old memory of a story I read as a child in a kid's book resurfaced.

And then the link was obvious. The arrows were the missing piece of the puzzle. So I went and tracked down that old story I remembered. And it was in 2nd Kings 13. And the point of the story was 4 arrows. 3 being victories in this kings war against the Syrians.

So I added that information to what Revelation had and found a likely king in Daniel 11. The king of the south. For if you read the prophecy and count the battles specifically mentioned in it you see 3 victories and a draw. Daniel 11-2 being the first victory.

Clearly the link is that the first seal of Revelation is opened when the realm of Greece in Daniel 11 is attacked.

So the point of my post is that Daniel 11 was predicted to happen at the time of the end. A event that has yet to happen. And if you look at the prophesies of Daniel it would appear he's gone 3 for 3 in the past 10 years. And it would appear that the next event he predicts has approximately 5 to 10 years to happen in.

Verse 11-2 reads perfectly as a 500 BC prediction of the 9-11 attacks. And the breaking of the horns of the ram match perfectly with the conquering of Afghanistan and Iraq. The US appears to be the realm of Greece of the prophesies.

edit on 17-12-2010 by ntech because: Did they pull the trigger on this apocalypse thing and no one noticed?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The Bible is clear on that no one knows when the endtimes will begin. Even Jesus said he did not know the exact date.

Emperor Hadrian fits the "Abomination" as much, if not more than Antiochus IV. Jesus himself implied the end would begin with the destruction of the Temple mount. The temple was partially destroyed in AD 70.
Hadrian finished off the rest of it after the last Roman-Jewish war, the Bar Kokhba revolt. It was at this time the Sanhedrin effectively disbanded. Hadrian outlawed the Torah, built a temple with sacrfices to the Roman gods on the Temple Mount, had mercenaries and bounty hunters hunt down the members of the House of David, and forcibly expelled the Jews from Judea, renaming Judea into Palestine.

Another view is the end may have already began 800 years ago. This would also make 2012 irrelevant.

The first horseman, the Conqueror with a Bow, a mounted archer, could have been Genghis Khan, the greatest conqueror in human history, whose son and grandson, would rule over the largest empire in human history. (1190)

The second horseman, War, could have been the Mongol Wars that lasted over 150 years, killed tens of millions, and wiped out entire civilizations. (1206-1368) It could be argued to include the Hundred Years War and the Crusades. The 13th and 14th centuries could be argued to be the era of greatest conflict in human history.

The third horseman, Famine, could have been the Little Ice Age (1315-1850) which caused the Great Famines (1315-1322) that killed millions of people worldwide. The Little Ice Age caused the worst famines in human history.

The last horseman, Pestilence, could have been the Black Death (1330s-1400s) which may have killed 100 million to 200 million people. Keep in mind the world's population was only around 450 million at the time. Were talking about around 1/3 of the entire human race on earth being wiped out. It is the greatest pandemic in human history.

edit on 17/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: !

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OK. Take politics out of the equasion. Definatly take religion out of the equasion. If something happens, it won't be very destructive. It will change they way we look at every day life. But no huge catastrophy will occur. My own personal opignion is I think religion is so hell bent on renewing it's power over the people they will push anything to make people come back to the church. Especially the Catholic religion. We are a minority religion and the leaders of our religion act as if they're the sh!t. They wouldn't be soo brave if they didn't have the American government to back them up. Oooh! look at that, the American government, they also are great leaders in fear mongering. Using fear to controle the mass' is not a new concept. They've been using those tactics for hundreds of years and now, with the info age, people are connected more than ever and realizing that this has to stop. We are connecting the dots wich exposes TPTB and they know that they are about to fall...hard.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Ahh yes, the Millenium Bug.

Everything else was based on the majik number 2000, which is just that, a number.

2012 , is not just about the number, and is not the same situation.

until dec 22nd that is. Then it will be the exact same situation. Fear mongering on a grand scale for profit, backed by little evidence with millions believing it, ending in nothing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

You are incorrect in your assumptions here. Both of these events you have listed will happen in the future, its a 100% guarantee they will happen because they have happened before. We don't know when they will happen, but to come on here and say there are no large size Asteroids nearby or that it is doubtful that Yellowstone will blow is wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking? The OP did not claim that those events will never happen. Regarding Yellowstone in particular, the poster clearly implies that the eruption is inevitable, but we can't say when. He/she says "doubtful that it will erupt within the next two years" (emphasis added), not simply "doubtful that [it] will blow." In other words, you have attacked a straw-man.

Impacts
Any object of sufficient size to cause significant damage to our planet would likely be noticed years in advance. Take, for example, 99942 Apophis. With an irregular diameter of approximately 0.27 km, it has the potential to do regional damage and will make near-earth passes in 2029 and 2036. Scientists have been watching this rock since 2004. By the time it's close enough to be of concern, it will have been under observation for 25 years. Thousands of much smaller objects have been identified, and I suspect thousands more will be found as sky surveys continue. An object with enough mass to carry widespread disaster or extinction implications will be hard-pressed to approach us without giving itself away years or decades ahead of time.

Yellowstone
The Yellowstone Caldera or some other supervolcano could indeed erupt tomorrow, next year, in 2012 or in 2050. On geologic time scales, the likelihood of any given generation being around to witness such an event is spectacularly low, even if a given event is "overdue." Doomsayers insisting that the Yellowstone Caldera will blow in 2012, or that it was predicted to blow by some ancient culture with magical powers --- these are the people engaged in "wishful thinking." The OP's assessment is correct.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Both of these events you have listed will happen in the future, its a 100% guarantee they will happen because they have happened before.

That a logical fallacy. Just because something happens once does not mean it will happen again. Singleton events in our solar system include its formation.

In fact, knowing that our solar system is composed of a finite amount of matter the probability of the next impact is decreased with each impact.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Magnetic reversals do not happen every 13,000 years. They happen every 200,000 to 250,000 years. There is no evidence that anything bad happens to life during a reversal.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VirtualParadise

Well to reference NASA on a subject like this means nothing my friend, there are many things that could possibly happen and NASA wouldn't release any information pointing towards this, not yet anyway!

That's not believable. NASA sends out warnings often. To claim they wouldn't release information is shown wrong by their numerous reports.

during this shift it is said that the earth will lose its' magnetic field for a small period of time

No one knows how the event plays out. No one knows if the field just rotates, or becomes complex, or disappears, or what it does. One thing for sure is that there is no evidence in the fossil record showing that the events are a danger to life on Earth.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

You're right. 2012 is just a hoax. There was actually some possibility of Y2K predictions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join