It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop-up ads *with sound* on ATS now? Seriously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Is ATS intentionally trying to become more and more annoying? First, its a spam-ish type pop up when I log onto ATS for which there is no purpose. Now after browsing the recent posts page for a few minutes, a pop up comes up on the bottom of my screen saying "Hey, you have groceries!", with a picture of French fries or some crap.

What, standard banner ads aren't enough for you, ATS? Now you have to get more and more intrusive and actually have stuff screaming at me too?

Pretty soon ATS is going to be no better than a mainstream news site.. They have more pop-ups and banner ads than anyone I know... but ATS is catching up quickly.

Have some integrity, ATS...
edit on 16-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
use firefox,I never see a single pop up on this site,ever.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I had this earlier with the smiley pop up!!

Not only did I nearly have a heart attack but the dog got such a fright as well..... it farted!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

Today was the first day I saw it. And saying "use firefox" isn't getting to the root of the problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's gotten pretty ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I've been coming here for a while. I (believe it or not) do click on the banner ads fairly often, because I am genuinely interested in some of the adverts and to generate some revenue for the site. I have disabled my usual web protections on this site, but if you persist in bringing annoying, demanding, pushy ads to the site, I will reengage shields.

Be cool ATS, take some notes from Facebook and chill on the spamvertisment.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
Now after browsing the recent posts page for a few minutes, a pop up comes up on the bottom of my screen saying

There is no code running on ATS that launches a pop-up.

Non of our ad networks are authorized to launch a pop-up ad.

What you experienced was not initiate through any direction action of ours. Is it possible your computer has received some sort of malware? Bottom-of-screen pop-ups/overs are notoriously launched my malware.
edit on 16-12-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
SO, I think he's refering to the welcome bar that does "Pop up" when ya log in or, you visit the first time of the day.
Not really annoying yet.

As for the "noisy" ads that creep in every so often....startles me enough to fart, too.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join